What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Associate
Apex legends and overwatch. Odd game of the finals.

Personally getting very annoyed with apex at the moment so have been playing the other two more. I don't play ranked and have found for the last season or two that matchmaking is just insane. I either barely need to twitch my mouse to win or I get stomped so badly I think I'm playing a different game.

Associate
Apex legends and overwatch. Odd game of the finals.

Personally getting very annoyed with apex at the moment so have been playing the other two more. I don't play ranked and have found for the last season or two that matchmaking is just insane. I either barely need to twitch my mouse to win or I get stomped so badly I think I'm playing a different game.
That's always been apex for me, one day you absolutely love it, then the next day you just want to delete the ******.

Associate
I rage uninstall Apex more than I care to admit but I always come crawling back though. Too easy to jump into a few games over other BRs, and although I play it a lot, seems less of a commitment than a decent single player game. I guess my brain is chasing the dopamine hit of a win, though with my win percentage you'd think it'd give up by now :D

Soldato
Just completed Rogues Legacy 2 after a long time of having it installed, returned to it on and off every now and again...didn't expect to do the entire basement region in one run along with all the bosses, kind of feel empty now as that was my go to "I've got nothing to do, i'll just go and do a run on that" game lol

I need another game i can easily jump in and out of on a whim without having to get to a "save point" and can play for 5 minutes to an hour in a sitting.....hard to find.

Soldato
36 here. I've been struggling to get my teeth into something for the past few months. My go to games used to be battlefields/destiny2/counter strike/wow etc.

I've had this week off work and I've absolutely smashed warframe (Haven't played it since 2017) The new updates are awesome, and its free to play!
Bungie could learn a thing or two.........

Soldato

Been playing Super Mario Wonder on my switch recently and really enjoying it. Every new level brings a smile to my face with a new enemy/feature/mechanic.

It’s the first 2D Mario game I’ve really enjoyed since the super Super Nintendo version in the 90s.

This is the first one I’ve played where the controls actually feel as accurate as they did back in the 8/16-bit days.

Last edited:

Cob

Cob

Soldato
44 here.

Mostly playing ESO, FF14, Civ6 and a fair bit of Football Manager. I keep trying new games but keep being sorely disappointed (The novelty of Starfield wore off after a week).

Last edited:
Associate
I've found myself regressing back to retro games - c&c / Tony Hawks skater. Them aside, it's mainly coubter-strike still.. not been able to shake that since I moved over from TFC back in 2000.

Associate
42 here been mainly playing redfall, i must be getting old and slow as i just cant compete with the call of duty games anymore which in toe is winding me up.
i have also been playing the switch and the retro games is a nice break from the norm

Soldato
2 kittens a house, wife, 3 year old and a 50 hour week job Im lucky if I see a PC or Console. When I do get chance these days though its single player stuff only, recently its been Mindustry on the pc and Horizon:FW on the ps5

Last edited:
Soldato
My time at sandrock has been a huge time sink for me the past few months. I hear very little about the game, not even sure why i bought it, but there's like 100 hours of content there which is mostly really laid back and chilled gaming, with quite a fun story to it.

Not gonna lie, that looks pretty good.

Soldato
Just played though Quake 2 and Unreal. Started Cyberpunk 2077 the other day, seems much better now than when I refunded it at release. Also going to have another blast through Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

After playing through some old school fps games recently it's really made me realise how bad recent fps games are nowadays :(

Soldato
Still enjoying Starfield when I get a chance to play. I've downloaded CP2077 and feel I'm ready to give it a third attempt.

I'm really craving a good solid arena shooter and am currently annoyed at how successful Fortnite has been because it means the chance of a new UT is slim to none and I don't care about BR games so I feel classic arena shooter fans are being left behind cause BR's print money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom