What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Soldato
Cyberpunk 2077

30-ish hours in and really enjoying it so far!
I picked this up not long ago as well and got totally addicted that I am now 90 odd hours in, have completed one ending (Arasaka) and am now working on the PL expansion. Only things I haven't done are a lot of the NCPD "quests" and the El Capitan carjacks and the new races (not Claires ones), as the NCPD things are a little basic, the carjacks are just a joke and not even slightly enjoyable and I just am not playing this game to do a race to win 10000 when I have over a million in the bank. 9.5/10 for me this game.

Soldato
HOT WHEELS UNLEASHED - really enjoying it, this game is currently on sale on Steam. It was a rough start but once you get a good car which is quite easy from the shop that resets every 1.5h or so it gets much easier to win races on medium difficulty.

Soldato
Ghosts of Tsushima, I had it on PS5 but with me taking a break from gaming I couldn't be bothered to finish it. I'm slowly getting the energy to care about gaming again and I am absolutely loving this on PC. Especially with a OLED monitor, it's jaw dropping at times with their chosen art style.

Soldato
Ghosts of Tsushima, I had it on PS5 but with me taking a break from gaming I couldn't be bothered to finish it. I'm slowly getting the energy to care about gaming again and I am absolutely loving this on PC. Especially with a OLED monitor, it's jaw dropping at times with their chosen art style.
What monitor you got and why do you like it. Only asking cause I'm thinking of upgrading to OLED.

Soldato
Getting back into PC gaming myself. Been nearly 10 years since i've gamed on a PC (Laptop currently running two 25" screens!)

Currenly playing mir4 (MMORPG) but looking to get a joypad from somewhere and test some games out!

I like call of duty type games, anything recent thats decent?

I have a Gigabyte G6 with 16GB ram, i7 and a RTX 4060 so should be ok for a while! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
As I am double the minimal age requirements for this thread I get to mention two games that I'm playing, for now......

Fallout 4. I struggled a little to like this when first released. Returning, after watching the show, and I'm somewhat surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. Of course it now includes a ton of patches and DLC releases.
Still, there are so many ways to play this one. Let's see how long it lasts...or if I can stop downloading mods.

Workers and Resources Soviet Republic...... This one is due to release or of EA towards the end of June. A complex city builder game that does not hold hands. Thankfully I have played this one a while, whilst in EA. What I mean is the complexity has been gradually ramped up for me as each major release has pushed that complexity even further. There are a myriad of game start options, and even with those set to an easier level of difficulty the learning curve is pretty intense. Very much recommended, just not for the casual player. Also note this one has been developed by a small Indie team, se expectations need to be set accordingly. Then again with AAA companies releasing games like Cities Skylines II perhaps they helped to drive the bar of expectations pretty low.

Associate
Just bough fallout 4 as I had found a cheap key online, looking forward to starting it never been into them that much but the tv series made me want to try the game. recently played immortals of aveum, although the store started off good the gameplay is a bit annoying and feels clunky.

Soldato
I've not had a game peek my interests in a while. I also bought an ebike recently to commute and get me out of the house more on weekends, so i've been a bit tired in the evenings.

Tried to play Satisfactory the other night .... it just felt like work and not fun at all. Uninstalled after only a few hours.

Been looking at Manor Lords this morning. If I still fancy it after dinner tonight then I'll give that a go.

Soldato
Is over 30 classed as old for gamers now or something?

40s - COD, Outlast Trials, Contraband Police, Content Warning, bit of GTFO.

Still waiting for HL3........

Associate
What monitor you got and why do you like it. Only asking cause I'm thinking of upgrading to OLED.
The game (like most PlayStation exclusives) has great HDR implementation and it shines on qd-oled especially when the sun is going down and everything is lit up with yellow light.

Back
Top Bottom