What book are you reading...

Permabanned
Just finished Brandon Sandersons Words of Radiance, very good read and loving the way it's developing.. Wondering wether to start the Mistborn series or try someone new for a few books ..

Mistborn series is good, I really like Sanderson, he comes up with things that are different to the usual Fantasy guff, obligatory "imo". :cool: In fact all his stuff is pretty decent so far.

Cant wait for the next book in the Stormlight Archive.

Soldato
If you have just finished Words of Radiance and want more, I would read Warbreaker before mistborn tbh. Ties in a bit with Stormlight Archive as well, in a pretty cool way.

Soldato
Well, there was less blood outside Waterstones Preston this weekend. :o

Best Served Cold wasn't there, but I did pick up House of Chains. And to scratch my sci-fi itch after a suitable period of mourning for the loss of Iain M Banks, I've started with a new (to me) author; Peter F Hamilton. Picked up The Reality Dysfunction, book 1 of the Night's Dawn Trilogy (highly recommended I believe?)

Caporegime
Finished off A Darkness At Sethanon this morning, so impressed with the Riftwar Saga I decided on 5 more to read 2 other series all based on the same Characters etc. :)

mmlXCVH.png

The Empire Trilogy
Daughter of the Empire
Servant of the Empire
Mistress of the Empire

Krondors Sons
Prince of the Blood
The Kings Buccaneer

----

Cracking author btw. If fantasy fiction is your thing :)

Associate
Finished off A Darkness At Sethanon this morning, so impressed with the Riftwar Saga I decided on 5 more to read 2 other series all based on the same Characters etc. :)

The Empire Trilogy
Daughter of the Empire
Servant of the Empire
Mistress of the Empire

Krondors Sons
Prince of the Blood
The Kings Buccaneer

----

Jealous of you reading those first books, i'd love to be able to unread books like those and read them again, his early stuff was brilliant, some of his characters are cool. But some of his later stuff is not comparable..

Soldato
Saw a copy of Drachenfels in a charity shop. It's a Warhammer book by Kim Newman ,writing as Jack Yeovil, which I borrowed from a friend and read 20 years ago. It's still good now. Even makes me want to break the artillery dice out. :D

Associate
The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi

Didn't realise he was an award author until I picked up the book. Good world building, as he creates a terrifying alternative Thailand.

Soldato
Now started Harlequin as it was on my Kindle and I thought it was the 2nd book in the Novel of Arthur: The Warlord Chronicles series.
Decided not to start a new series, so I read Where Eagles Dare by Alistair MacLean. What a great book! A cracking story, twists here and turns there, it's fantastic WW2 Jerry-bashing action from start to finish. I remember watching the film many years ago, and I'm definitely going to watch it again.

Now I'm reading Sharpe's Triumph, the 2nd in the Sharpe series. Bernard Cornwell is such a superb writer.

Man of Honour
The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi

Didn't realise he was an award author until I picked up the book. Good world building, as he creates a terrifying alternative Thailand.

You can see the big twist coming a mile away, but yes, it's a great book.

I finished the Leckie, which was good. I'm not sure it's the award-winner it turned out, but there have been lean pickings in SF for the last few years. Currenlty I'm nearing the end of "The Child's Child" by Barbara Vine (Ruth Rendell). Her books are always worth reading. This one is a little unusual because BV books normally hop backwards and forwards between two different times, but this one is just a story-within-a-story, told as a oner. Trouble is, that story is better than the modern bits, and I wish she'd just stayed in that bit and expanded it.

Soldato

mmlXCVH.png

The Empire Trilogy
Daughter of the Empire
Servant of the Empire
Mistress of the Empire

Krondors Sons
Prince of the Blood
The Kings Buccaneer

----

For thesake of your sanity quit after the demonwar saga though.

It goes screaming off a cliff to smash first face into a bloody, **** smelling heap after that.

I shudder to recollect the mess it became :(

Associate
Im currently on my 4th or 5th read through of Only Revolutions by Mark Danielewski

I'm actually going to need to get a new copy soon, as Ive leant this copy to almost everybody I know, so its definitely done the rounds and got far too much wear on it now!

Man of Honour
I'm working through these...

113a987ec188762d8bbbc8c865581093_zpsbb3d2688.jpg

cc08e21fba58f4eaa14fe79c3e16fb47_zpsca1b5edd.jpg

f27d3d88d002acf113f1dcf454f281a2_zps525027e9.jpg

eea46c6e1f201e65810721bb36cab2f5_zps499ffc2f.jpg

Done these in last month..
d122f347c3d906af198d5c415fde8c00_zpsb52686ff.jpg

Back
Top Bottom