• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What card are you currently rocking?

Associate
I'm surprised at the amount of 4090's people have , after all the far too expensive fanfare I wouldn't have expected so many, so does that mean that in effect it's actually good value?

I have a power colour red dragon 6800xt bought a couple of months ago at. Though seeing the prices of them now which I'd hung out a bit longer lol

Last edited:
Associate
I'm surprised at the amount of 4090's people have , after all the car too expensive fanfare I wouldn't have expected so many, so does that mean that in effect it's actually good value?

I have a power colour red dragon 6800xt bought a couple of months ago at. Though seeing the prices of them now which I'd hung out a bit longer lol

I think most people, want the best card available at the time, even if they have to stretch their funds. If it is too expensive, but ultimately I wanted that extra performance offered, and the need to drive higher frame rates (monitor dependent)

I definitely overpaid for my 4090 but wanted the better build quality (apparently) even if if it doesn't make a difference technically to performance, it should run cooler etc, with the same demands. And I was hesitant to buy 2nd hand from ebay even though I could have saved close to 500 doing so.

Once I have access to the MM that may change in future.

Last edited:
Don
1650 at the moment - does fine for Team Fortress 2, CSGo, Diablo II Remastered and the occasional bit of Fortnite.
Keeping half an eye open on Prime Day though, as might pick up a 6600, 3060Ti or similar if there any deals

Associate
It's does seem that people are either hanging on to previous gen (understandable) or going all out for a 4090.
Not how it works.

Its just that less than 10% buy high end cards.
Obviously there are some people here that has a lot of money and are not the average consumer.
the 90% that does not buy a 7900xtx/4090 usually buys something else.

Forums skews the ratio and people come to believe fairytales even.

so, no your comment dont make sense.

using a 6700xt at 4k and its amazing and dont need a high end card for it.
It would also triple the cost without giving any benefit.

Associate
3060ti, could do with a little bit more power for some games and while I could afford a 4090, I don't find myself playing games enough to warrant the expense.

I'm kinda tempted by a 6800XT at £500 but am also hoping 7900xt drops to around the £600-650 level, as I think it would last me a fair bit longer before feeling like upgrading again, so sitting on the fence for now

Associate
OP
Not how it works.

Its just that less than 10% buy high end cards.
Obviously there are some people here that has a lot of money and are not the average consumer.
the 90% that does not buy a 7900xtx/4090 usually buys something else.

Forums skews the ratio and people come to believe fairytales even.

so, no your comment dont make sense.

using a 6700xt at 4k and its amazing and dont need a high end card for it.
It would also triple the cost without giving any benefit.

I wasn't asking the mass market I was asking the forum. The trend I stated is correct based on the replies so far.

It depends what games you want to play and at what settings. A 6700XT is not enough for recent AAA games at 4k at max. But if that's not what you want or need then fair enough.

Back
Top Bottom