• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What card are you currently rocking?

Associate
A 3080ti (bought when prices dropped Spring 2022 - still over paid for it compared to MSRP - after scalpers essentially gave up & stocks got better) that is being bottlenecked currently by the PCIE Gen3 slots & i9 9900K on the Z370 platform I am currently eeking every bit of life out of before I do build a complete new rig. Still, I see lower than normal temps under load from it & don't need to OC it as framerates stay the same regardless. Will probably end up moving the card over to any new system I build as can't see myself paying the prices for a new GPU until Nvidia start dropping the MSRP again (which doubt they will anytime soon) or 40xx series cards are discontinued when I do get round to upgrading.

Soldato
Starting with the smol. 6700XT Strix.

yF5YKbM.jpg

Onto the desk PC. Most unflattering pic ever, but there is a 12700K and 6800XT Strix LC in there. I have no idea why I do not have a better pic. Ignore the one on the floor.

JqCAFia.png

I know, my desk is messy. It is the messiest thing in my life. It's the "IDGAF" part of my flat lol.

TV PC. Now with 6950XT.

nKHMtgM.png

So that is three AMD in a row.

Associate
Have an Asus Tuf 3080. Feels like it's still new, but actually it is now coming up to three years. I would like a 4080, but poverty and other bills get in the way of buying one. If only they were under £900 or even £1000 I could possibly justify buying one. Oh well, am fortunate to still have a working 3080.

Soldato
I only play DayZ and jump into GTA V once in a while, also Dj online sometimes.. can max out both those games on this 3060Ti especially now i bought a 5800X3D so i have no need to upgrade for a while, happy with this right now :)

But.. i'll be looking at the 7700/7800 series when they finally release and see what they price at.. be nice to go back to an all AMD setup again.

Soldato
Have an Asus Tuf 3080. Feels like it's still new, but actually it is now coming up to three years. I would like a 4080, but poverty and other bills get in the way of buying one. If only they were under £900 or even £1000 I could possibly justify buying one. Oh well, am fortunate to still have a working 3080.

£1000 is still too much, I can see nvidia pricing next gen 80 series at £1000 and people would buy because its dropped price sadly I see people giving in so will become the norm

Associate
OP
£1000 is still too much, I can see nvidia pricing next gen 80 series at £1000 and people would buy because its dropped price sadly I see people giving in so will become the norm

With AMD playing along then people either have to give in or give up on PC gaming sadly. Their current GPUs won't last forever. It seems AMD and Nvidia can afford to wait it out and absorb poor sales performance in the meantime (probably due to crypto and AI). So we're cornered.

Soldato
With AMD playing along then people either have to give in or give up on PC gaming sadly. Their current GPUs won't last forever. It seems AMD and Nvidia can afford to wait it out and absorb poor sales performance in the meantime (probably due to crypto and AI). So we're cornered.

I'll buy used

Associate
OP
I'll buy used

Isn't the used market just as inflated? When I look used cards seem to be selling at 60-90% of new so hardly a good deal.

How have you found the reliability of used out of interest? The prospect of abused or even just worn cards makes me nervous.

Soldato
Isn't the used market just as inflated? When I look used cards seem to be selling at 60-90% of new so hardly a good deal.

How have you found the reliability of used out of interest? The prospect of abused or even just worn cards makes me nervous.

I've seen great deals in members market on this forum and with warranty, wouldnt look at ebay because its weird what used cards go for

one I upgrade from 3080 I wouldnt buy 30 series or 6000 series , current gen been released with no mining so doubt been abused

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom