• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What card are you currently rocking?

Soldato
3080 FE at msrp, still performs fine at 1440p was always likely gonna skip a gen, but if the 4080 / 7900xtx came out around £700-£750 I would probably have bought one even though still happy with the 3080 so nvidia lost a sale with me £1,179.00 for 4080 is just insulting would never sit right if I paid that its like letting nvidia get away with it just hope many more did the same or it will pretty much become the norm :(

Last edited:
Associate
Geforce Now Ultimate so 4080

Once we get to close to lossless compression and everyone has high speed 1Gbps + internet, the cloud will start taking over from physical hardware (especially with current pricing)

I'd probably rather rent a gaming system if it works as close to a physical system as possible for a competitive monthly rate.

Geforce Now worked amazingly well on my old laptop etc... so for those with limited options or lack of funds, great way to go even now as long as the games you want to play are on there.

Soldato
I'm surprised at the amount of 4090's people have , after all the far too expensive fanfare I wouldn't have expected so many, so does that mean that in effect it's actually good value?

Only compared to the other RTX 40 series cards.

It depends what games you want to play and at what settings.

This. My A770 plays many games at 4k on medium settings at a very acceptable framerate and visual quality. I can crank all the settings on my 4090, but graphical settings do not make a game.

Associate
OP
Only compared to the other RTX 40 series cards.

This. My A770 plays many games at 4k on medium settings at a very acceptable framerate and visual quality. I can crank all the settings on my 4090, but graphical settings do not make a game.

Agreed. But they're one of the perks of PC gaming over just going console.

Soldato
I was a happy 3080 10GB owner from release but was playing The last of us and it was the first game I had to knock down settings .

The debate over minimum graphics card memory was raging and I was worried the 3080 was going to be worthless.

Saw a mint 4080 under £800 so I bought it.

In reality the 3080 is still a great card in 95% of games.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm surprised at the amount of 4090's people have , after all the far too expensive fanfare I wouldn't have expected so many, so does that mean that in effect it's actually good value?

To a point it is, only in comparison to the rest of the lineup. I don’t think a £1600 GPU can ever be considered good value, it’s insanely expensive - I still bought one because it’s by far the best GPU of this generation, and by a significant margin in many cases.

Soldato
I was a happy 3080 10GB owner from release but was playing The last of us and it was the first game I had to knock down settings .

The debate over minimum graphics card memory was raging and I was worried the 3080 was going to be worthless.

Later patches much improved it uses much less vram, experience was great at 1440p after the patches , I refuse to entertain the current prices

4080 at £800 can't really knock that

Soldato
gtx670

but ive also got a ps5 and an LG OLD, which will do me fine till something in the world changes

Last edited:
Soldato
7900XTX Nitro

I have a power colour red dragon 6800xt bought a couple of months ago at. Though seeing the prices of them now which I'd hung out a bit longer lol
No it means people here have more money than sense :p

Seriously though this place is dominated by people with high earning professional careers and they can afford it, take a look at general gaming forums and steam lists of cards and its a different story there are people there who think a GTX 1060 is a "good gaming card"

Associate

Can we get details of the seller of said 4080, so we can get Overclockers to price match ! :D;):cry:

Back
Top Bottom