• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What card are you currently rocking?

3090, day 1 release purchase. In September this card will be 3 years old! Spent it's entire life on water, hotspot and vram sits around 60c and core around 41-44c (depending on ambient) on gaming loads. Can't really fault it tbh, oh and no coil whine!

That's dope. Love how you have shaped those neons.

I really need to do something for mine. The OEM holders are poop. Need to get my wee CNC machine back in action really.

That's dope. Love how you have shaped those neons.

I really need to do something for mine. The OEM holders are poop. Need to get my wee CNC machine back in action really.

haha thanks mate, the light strips were a leftover from another build which i salvaged. It worked out a lot better than expected! Had to nab some extra mounting brackets from the folk here on OCUK but well worth the wait.

I really really wanted to mount a distro to the front of the case and make some brackets to hold it in place using the centre column but finding the cost to create a custom one quite off putting really. Easily £300-400 expense to get someone to cut one out of acrylic, get the correct size oring to fit. Getting the measurements just right is also abit of a mess too as tolerances will be super tight.

The Orville:

BrL3NGV.jpg

I had a 3080 Ti FE, which was of course noisy and heated up the whole room which wasn't great in summer. Don't have that issue with a 4090 as the fans spin so slow at around 1100rpm in games. The 5yr warranty is the deal stealer for me. I don't want this card to last as long as my OG GTX 980 did back in the day, 4 years or more!

I had a 3080 Ti FE, which was of course noisy and heated up the whole room which wasn't great in summer. Don't have that issue with a 4090 as the fans spin so slow at around 1100rpm in games. The 5yr warranty is the deal stealer for me. I don't want this card to last as long as my OG GTX 980 did back in the day, 4 years or more!

You don't?

Interesting it's heat output is lower considering it's TDP is higher. It's probably not trying as hard!

Weird, my 3080 TIFE isn't loud, if I turn down game volume when it's running at 70C, I can hear it, but deffo wouldn't class it as noisy.

I do have a well ventilated case though, and an additional double fan blowing on to it from below.

If your 3080 Ti FE is running at 70 during gaming then yeah the fans will not ramp up as loud, my 3080 Ti FE ran the fans up to 2100rpm in games like Cyberpunk. By comparison, the 4090 fans run at 1100rpm in the same game. The 3080 ti FE in my rig also ran at 80-82 degrees too in the same games, I like quieter gaming so my BIOS fan curves are geared towards only ramping up the cas efans if the CPU hits 65 degrees, which it never does in gaming, so in gaming the only fans I hear are the GPU fans, which on the 3080 Ti FE are indeed loud, whereas the Zotac 4090 fans, even in normal fan mode are quieter, but in quiet mode (which is what I am in) are even quieter still. My case is a Corsair 5000D Air with the meshed intake panel, so any noise is audible, but the plus point is its ambient cooling ability is very good as evidenced by my component temps, even with all my case and AIO fans running at 400-600rpm average.

You don't?

Interesting it's heat output is lower considering it's TDP is higher. It's probably not trying as hard!
Yeah compared to the 3080 Ti which always felt like it was at its peak labour point when running games especially with RT enabled, even with DLSS, the 4090 just cruises through like as if it's nothing.

If your 3080 Ti FE is running at 70 during gaming then yeah the fans will not ramp up as loud, my 3080 Ti FE ran the fans up to 2100rpm in games like Cyberpunk. By comparison, the 4090 fans run at 1100rpm in the same game. The 3080 ti FE in my rig also ran at 80-82 degrees too in the same games, I like quieter gaming so my BIOS fan curves are geared towards only ramping up the cas efans if the CPU hits 65 degrees, which it never does in gaming, so in gaming the only fans I hear are the GPU fans, which on the 3080 Ti FE are indeed loud, whereas the Zotac 4090 fans, even in normal fan mode are quieter, but in quiet mode (which is what I am in) are even quieter still. My case is a Corsair 5000D Air with the meshed intake panel, so any noise is audible, but the plus point is its ambient cooling ability is very good as evidenced by my component temps, even with all my case and AIO fans running at 400-600rpm average.

Yeah compared to the 3080 Ti which always felt like it was at its peak labour point when running games especially with RT enabled, even with DLSS, the 4090 just cruises through like as if it's nothing.

Do you ever monitor GPU load while gaming? So how hard it is actually working?

Back
Top Bottom