What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
I feel for you when I owned a cbr1000 few years back I had a spout of rear tyre punches first was after just a week.

That looks nearly deliberate Stanley blade but that's just me being paranoid and wanting to kill the local kids :D

Soldato
Gave the bike a wash head to toe, went through j&s, bright lovely dry day and then all of a sudden water on the road. It wasn't water, it was animal crap, it's like a farmers crap load was dumped on the road, was like sludge and was heaving in my helmet with the smell.

Bike stunk and covered in animal poo, and my back was too, but now everything is spotless ready for little run tomorrow :D

Of you give the bike a good wax, all you need to do is snow foam the bike, leave 10 minutes and wash off. Snow foam again to use the rest of the bottle, wait and rinse off and dry. Don't even need to use a mitt on the paint work. Wheels are different, but you get the idea.

Soldato
Yesterday spent a good two hours cleaning it. I very rarely wash it, hence why I took so long on it; the inside back wheel was absolutely horrendous :( I bought a 5 pack of sponge scouters for the wheels and went through three of them on the back wheel and swing arm.

Ride out into North Wales today, will hopefully be able to get a couple of nice pictures :)

Man of Honour
ewQTSW9.jpg
The Tygon tubing couldn't handle the bend radius between the res and MC so the easiest option to give me back a rear brake was to remove the res.

That basically makes it a race bike right? :D

One

One

Soldato
73maVPEh.jpg

Got out on the Speed Triple today with a mate. It was a nice ride. It got a bit cold towards the end but was still okay. Picked up a mother's day card on the way home.

Next on the agenda is getting my Bonneville running smoothly. I got it running last night but it was only idling on one cylinder and wouldn't idle below 1.5k. Hopefully it's just a carb issue, possibly not fueling it properly on the idle circuit due to a blockage.

As much as I like the Speed Triple, it's fast, agile, has a starter motor etc, it's just not as fun to ride as my Bonnie.

Back
Top Bottom