What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
What do you mean sharper? It'll feel a little different if you've come from long ones as you don't have as much leverage

I've got my Chinese ones back on now, after thinking they were causing issues, I don't think they are. As long as the nipple that presses the brake button is the same size as your stock ones, then it should be ok

Associate
Put them back on. Triple checked all bolts, fixings and that they don't pressfown on the brake piston at rest.
All good after a quick test ride. Going to leave them on.

Soldato
Went for a quick ride to test my mini tankbag magnets, worrying, but it didn't budge. Think Id strap it down for longer journeys but ok for a commute backpack alternative :)

05KRYmR.jpg

I had the magnetic bag on my Street Triple for when I went to BSB's was great.. didnt move one bit and made it easier for my missus riding pillion as she didn't have a backpack in the way....

Nice looking tiger... SC Project I see ;)

Associate
I had the magnetic bag on my Street Triple for when I went to BSB's was great.. didnt move one bit and made it easier for my missus riding pillion as she didn't have a backpack in the way....

Nice looking tiger... SC Project I see ;)

Yeah I was bit worried about it to be fair, but it held up well. It's only a small one but will be handy for drinks when I'm out for a few hours as the underseat storage is useless!

Cheers :) Yep, no baffle as yet either, but it pops so nice without it :D

Soldato
Yeah I was bit worried about it to be fair, but it held up well. It's only a small one but will be handy for drinks when I'm out for a few hours as the underseat storage is useless!

Cheers :) Yep, no baffle as yet either, but it pops so nice without it :D

Yeah it took getting use to but as you say, nice to have somewhere to put drinks Etc ...

Best to keep the baffle out then... we all love the pops :D

Associate
Off to Barcelona this weekend for a two week trip including a weekend at Circuit de Catalunya to watch the MotoGP. So I've been dressing the Aprilia up ready for the 3000 mile round trip. Ventura luggage frame, Garmin satnav and a pair of M7RR tyres. Just need to give the chain a clean/lube/adjust and we'll be all set :)

Soldato
Killed a lot of insects, had a good neck and chest work out and ended up here.

18891658_1447868898567284_2682318617060868107_o.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Off to Barcelona this weekend for a two week trip including a weekend at Circuit de Catalunya to watch the MotoGP. So I've been dressing the Aprilia up ready for the 3000 mile round trip. Ventura luggage frame, Garmin satnav and a pair of M7RR tyres. Just need to give the chain a clean/lube/adjust and we'll be all set :)

Great tyres. They'll be hanging off the rims by the time you get back though! :D

Associate
Great tyres. They'll be hanging off the rims by the time you get back though! :D

That's the idea! I'll be disappointed if I come back with plenty of meat left - mate has worked out the route using Ride mags recommended biking roads so will definitely be getting my monies worth out of them :D

Soldato
Fitted the new exhaust. 4 kg weight saving seemed correct, judging by the weight of the stock exhaust coming off. Baffle out, and there's a good improvement on the exhaust note. Richer, deep sound at low revs, and it just sounds like it is a bit richer at the top of the range. Lots more crackle and pop downshifting, which is good. No noticeable change in power, which is right - proper reports of this exhaust show around 1 bhp increase which sounds more like margin of error as opposed to performance gain.

As I mentioned earlier on, I got it for £600 from someone who'd just put a couple of hundred miles on it, and it did look like new. I think this is around £1,000 as an option now and even at £600 it is an expensive luxury as all it adds is a slightly better sound and aesthetically pleasing on the eye. That's pretty much what I expected though, so happy with it overall.

tYzXlJ6.jpg

Associate
Traded in my 2010 Kawasaki Versys 650 for a 2017 1000cc Grand Tourer version on Tuesday. Very comfortable, very smooth power though still running it in.

Yesterday I fitted a Scorpion can, sidestand foot and wired up the GPS mount. Will fit an aftermarket screen at a later date and no doubt some other bits n bobs as I love the fiddling about with it!

script>

^ help please with images. It's on imgur and I copied the link in..?

Back
Top Bottom