What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
I've used this kit to get me by while I ordered new tyre and got the time to fit it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gear-Greml...8&qid=1495645595&sr=8-1&keywords=tyre+gremlin. Worked nicely at plenty of speed and it might well last the life of the tyre, but it was my tyre's 2nd puncture (first was fixed with goop) so I wanted to replace anyway.

The way it fits is solid and I can't see the plugs coming out in a hurry, but you still have that pressure and way it can come out.

I'd see if the local tyre place will plug it from inside. My locals refused because of the speed rating.

Soldato
Got a set of Aprilia Performance rearsets delivered :D

And couldn't resist 'test' fitting them :D

Glad I did, thought I'd found an issue as the OEM rearset plate is much thicker than the new one, the OEM bolts protude about 15mm the other side of the frame, a few mm from the swingarm and no more than 5mm from the chain :eek:

A bit of a lightbulb moment, and I found that the handlebar clamp bolts are a) exactly the same style and thread size and b) 15mm shorter!! And the longer bolts fit perfectly into the handlebar clamp, loads of room left. it's like they were made for them!!

Need to pick up some loctite (big v-wtin vibrations!) and some more DOT4 brake fluid to give the rear brake a bleed as these rearsets re-locate them away from the engine and vertical rather than horizontal.

Associate
Rode my bike to work.

What else was I going to do to it today? Well, ride it home again. Except there's a KTM 990 SM-T sized air gap where it was. Two bikes nicked now from the area. Kentish town is such an utter hole. I hate it.

Soldato
Took a photo of it...

Also found I'm a brand whore :(

Thankfully only the knee guards were full price, the rest I picked up on offer or last lines :D

Edit: I know she's dirty - that's last summer's carp, and it's keeping that on, that has brought out the sun - so don't moan :p

Soldato
Rode my bike to work.

What else was I going to do to it today? Well, ride it home again. Except there's a KTM 990 SM-T sized air gap where it was. Two bikes nicked now from the area. Kentish town is such an utter hole. I hate it.

Scum of the earth I despise them hope it all works out for you.

Associate
OP
Well not today, but came back last week from the 44teeth Parcmotor SummerHoliday. My god what an amazing time. I made lots of new friends and enjoyed 3 days of open pit lane fun in 26 degree heat with only 40 bikes there. Speaking to Baron, Al and Scott Reading was just awesome. Here are some shots.

8Li9EH6.jpg

PbUsCBz.jpg

fQQUKAQ.jpg

201YXQm.jpg

BKzH94O.jpg

FIQkOgA.jpg

Can't wait to go again next year.

Back
Top Bottom