What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Got my bike 'german' specced. Cost me a small fortune but clocks got completely flashed so now it displays km for everything (clocks are still MPH/km/h as analog), new tyres (Mezzler Z8), rear brake pads (apparently 10% was left although I could hear them squeak so guessing pretty gone) as well as german spec headlight (expensive :/). Armed with my EC COC should be able to pass the TUV now :)

The mechanic tried to tell me something about 'benzin' which I did not understand (it wasn't a RON95/98 although he did say 'no diesel' and laughed), however bike is behaving beautifully (new tyres where sorely needed) but also quickshifter seems smoother and fueling/throttle at low RPMs is much improved, less jerkly. I wonder if this is what is an update they did or all in my head... Either way I'm very happy.

I've got the metzeler roadtec z8 tyres too, don't rate them as good as the M7RR though. They came on the bike so won't complain.

Associate
I've got the metzeler roadtec z8 tyres too, don't rate them as good as the M7RR though. They came on the bike so won't complain.

The M7RR is a nice track tyre, but if I throw daily road riding at mine they're squared off within 2000 miles. Good fun but seems a bit of a waste to be honest. On a K13 they'd be murdered even quicker!

Associate
Had a low speed off this morning on the blackbird. Was adjusting my visor and didn't see the cars stopped infront to let people out. My own fault, no other vehicles involved, just saw the brake lights and slammed the anchors on. Superficial damage on the lower fairing and the mirror casing; the crash bung did its job well.

Pulled my back a little i think, pride is more of an issue :)

Associate
Had a low speed off this morning on the blackbird. Was adjusting my visor and didn't see the cars stopped infront to let people out. My own fault, no other vehicles involved, just saw the brake lights and slammed the anchors on. Superficial damage on the lower fairing and the mirror casing; the crash bung did its job well.

Pulled my back a little i think, pride is more of an issue :)

Bad luck Eddie, happens to us all, been there myself- good that you're OK. If you don't mind me asking, did you lock/lose the front?

Associate
The M7RRs I installed on my bike a few weeks ago have done nearly 2500 miles now. The sides are wearing out v quickly, I'm not surprised considering the amount of time I've spent cranked over on these sweepers in the South of France.

Currently in Rocamadour, stunning views here and the weather has been HOT :D

IMG_20170614_154133-1280x960.jpg

Associate
Bad luck Eddie, happens to us all, been there myself- good that you're OK. If you don't mind me asking, did you lock/lose the front?

Been in the garage polishing it out this evening and really wasn't as bad as i thought. And with regards to locking up, i'm not quite sure. All i know is, brakes went on, i was on the floor. I hope no one had a dash cam behind me because it would have looked pathetic!

Soldato
Been in the garage polishing it out this evening and really wasn't as bad as i thought. And with regards to locking up, i'm not quite sure. All i know is, brakes went on, i was on the floor. I hope no one had a dash cam behind me because it would have looked pathetic!
Sounds like it locked the front, very easy to do if you panic brake and grab at the brake suddenly.

My VFR has a Bridgestone BT021 on the back (which is a few weeks away fom being worn out) and a BT023 on the front, which is almost brand new - checked pressures and they're spot on but I don't like the front at all, feels very weird leant over a bit, almost like it gets to a certain lean (not much of a lean either!) and feels like it's about to slip.

When the rear gets replaced I'll get a new front too, probably my old favourite Pirelli Angel GT's. Don't know what it is about bridgestone tyres but I've never had a good expereince with them.

Soldato
Didn't do anything to the bike but did take a few steps forward to doing things on it. Got the Channel crossings sorted, and booked a few hotels in France, Switzerland and Austria for next month's tour. Next step is to pre-book a few camping sites for all the nights in-between. Tough first day - 650 miles from the UK down to near Lyon, but worth it as a couple of hours after breakfast on day 2 we'll be riding along this http://www.dangerousroads.org/europe/france/302-combe-laval-road-france.html

We've got six days in total to ride around the Alps before taking two days to get back through the Black Forest and the mandatory cheeky stop in Reims for some champagne to pacify our respective partners upon the return ;)

Soldato
The M7RR is a nice track tyre, but if I throw daily road riding at mine they're squared off within 2000 miles. Good fun but seems a bit of a waste to be honest. On a K13 they'd be murdered even quicker!

To be fair at least the M7RR is dual compound. I've got them on my 1290 SDR and rate them highly. Very predictable with excellent feedback. A world apart compared to the Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas I had on my S1000R which also squared off badly (single compound)

Associate
Bit of a catch up as I haven't posted for a few weeks, my MT-09 now has a Shift Dynamics quick shifter (amazing!), had closed loop disabled so I've removed my oxygen sensor, it's now sporting a spanking new set of Bridgstone S21 tyres and I've fitted a set of 3 Pistons Aero bar end mirrors. Must stop spending!

Associate
To be fair at least the M7RR is dual compound. I've got them on my 1290 SDR and rate them highly. Very predictable with excellent feedback. A world apart compared to the Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas I had on my S1000R which also squared off badly (single compound)

Yeah, don't get me wrong, they're probably the best performing tyres I've used, particularly on track- as you say, so predictable that even a mere mortal rider like me can play around with the limits of grip and get a feel for where it is, but they are fairly soft overrall. It makes me cringe a little on the S1KRR doing motorway miles, knowing I'm just chewing up the centreline without real enjoyment. At that point I usually turn off and seek out the alternative route :)

Associate
Bit of a catch up as I haven't posted for a few weeks, my MT-09 now has a Shift Dynamics quick shifter (amazing!), had closed loop disabled so I've removed my oxygen sensor, it's now sporting a spanking new set of Bridgstone S21 tyres and I've fitted a set of 3 Pistons Aero bar end mirrors. Must stop spending!

I'm thinking of an 09 to replace my stolen KTM 990. Does the quickshifter have an autoblipper (downshift) option? Also, did you get an aftermarket remap?

Associate
I'm thinking of an 09 to replace my stolen KTM 990. Does the quickshifter have an autoblipper (downshift) option? Also, did you get an aftermarket remap?
No mate, upshift only. My flash was done by PCR Performance in Cannock and they used the Flash Tune software, which is the best one, I had mine Dyno'd at the same time to make sure it was **** on.

Back
Top Bottom