What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
Yeah, used to be be a regular occurrence on my old FZR1000 back in the day. With Exups, when it stops rattling, you start spannering :)

Maybe the previous owner got rid because of the power loss without realising it's an easy fix?

Man of Honour
Tea Drinker
Don
It's out and the servo is working okay so it's just a case of cleaning it up, copper grease and new allen bolts and its back.

I've taken the chance to renew a few of the fixings on the failings that have been chewed up over the years as well.

Tea Drinker
Don
Hi flow TZ fuel tap 8mm fuel line and 28mm flat side carbs. When the original carbs and fuel tap won't be man enough. Dis gone be good :cool:

JALm3sH.jpg

Fitted some boring indicators

fotRMD4.jpg

Found an original picture. 20 years sat in a damp shed

AEAngDH.png

Associate
Makes you wonder just how many bikes have been stuffed away in a shed like that. I've worked with a few guys over the years that have done that with their Triumph/Nortons.

Those spannies are fetching ridiculous amounts these days, Micron or Allspeeds? Did you keep them or were they past salvaging?

Tea Drinker
Don
Those spannies are fetching ridiculous amounts these days, Micron or Allspeeds? Did you keep them or were they past salvaging?

Allspeeds and they are okay with a bit of work. They shouldn't have been on the bike really as it's a tuned 375 it needs race pipes.

I'm looking for a shed of a frame to do a rough one as I have so many parts left

Soldato
Dielectric grease added to electrical connectors, they were a bit difficult to get to!
qdQFn91.jpg

1 hour service, plenty of metal caught on the magnetic drain plug.
ifbrzun.jpg
voNW3fs.jpg

Quick ride and a clean afterwards!
nC0UQW3.jpg
HaCFGJm.jpg

Soldato
ff97a53a5d67fe7b9316bb62a742a84d.jpg

My VFR bless her new tyres for the winter some time this week.

Soldato
Why are you selling it on?, i'm considering getting one or the rally version.
I’ve just bought an enduro bike (images further up the page) so selling the crf to make space.

The crf is an amazing bike, I’ve not tried the rally but it gets a lot of excellent reviews. If you’re going to do any off road then the standard crf is fantastic, if you’re almost always on the road the rally is probably the best bet if you can look beyond the looks!

Soldato
Yeah but it ain't a 300 stroker :D

Good choice sir, suits you....
Yeah it’s like night and day but the crf is a very capable and reliable machine, I’ve easily outdone quite a few folk on the crf who had fairly expensive bikes. They usually start the day ignoring the bike then afterwards they can’t believe how good it is.

The only issue with the crf is the power and the suspension. The 300 addresses both of them issues fairly swiftly :p

Back
Top Bottom