What did you do to your bike today?

Crashed it :mad:

Had the most violent tank slapper that caused me to be ejected into the air, landing on my right, and snapping my collar bone.

No idea what the bike is like, some legends stopped to help, and a local kindly took the bike in - ambulance was going to take hours, so another legend took me to Dorchester. 6 or so hours later, I'm now laying in bed with my sling, and clicking bones (grim!)

No idea what happened - think I just hit a crest, but I've done the road several times before, a 30 into NSL, and accelerated harder than this time... Guess tonight was the night! I even said to the Wife when I left at 17:00 "I bet I crash tonight".... lottery ticket next lol
Oh bloody hell! Hope the recovery goes ok!

Oh bloody hell! Hope the recovery goes ok!
Thanks mate - my Wife is raging that they basically sent me on my way with a sling advice to take painkillers at home, my follow up is nearly 3 weeks away - so here's hoping it doesn't start to nit together in some weird way.

Re Copart, if anything feels dodgy, I'm going to question everything, and won't send V5 etc until I'm happy

Thanks mate - my Wife is raging that they basically sent me on my way with a sling advice to take painkillers at home, my follow up is nearly 3 weeks away - so here's hoping it doesn't start to nit together in some weird way.

Re Copart, if anything feels dodgy, I'm going to question everything, and won't send V5 etc until I'm happy
That is all you receive when busting your collar bone I done mine 30 ish years ago, I fell asleep riding my rs250 they asked if I could ride pillion on my friends bike as I was stuck for a lift home lol.

Well, as expected, the Duke 890R was beyond repair - so it's getting written off. Just waiting to see what they offer now, I have saved a couple of relevant ads from Bike trader in advance - expect them to come back with something daft like 6k (I paid 7.4 for it); so building up to fight back lol

Swapped the indicators on my bike over the weekend for what appeared to be the same ones I put on a few years ago - nope, flashing too fast - they're not LED, just stupidly low power.
I thought I'd bought the least-worst of the Chinesium crap lights, apparently not, even when the exterior design is exactly the same...
Resistors it is. I'd get LED but doesn't go with the rest of the bike (old GSXR)

Made a good start on stripping her down to find out what's going on in the gearbox! Few wires to come off, then engine ready to drop. Have had to order a special engine bolt removal tool though.

fcmaj4J.jpeg

Longest trip on my Tiger so far (only had it two weeks); 180 mile round trip to IWM Duxford to see the planes and catch up with my brother. He had a similar ride from the opposite direction on his 1996 Ninja ZX-7R. The 1990's aura just oozed off that bike. Lovely thing.

Got a new Road 6 in the rear on Thursday, after getting 5.5k out of the previous Road 6. That's a record on this 1290GT for me, and being perhaps a combination of tyre and experience on the bike, it's the most fun/"proper use" and confidence I've got out of the few different similar tyres I've tried.

I'm hoping I'll get even more miles out of this one given it shouldn't include 3k of Pyrenees silliness.

I fnally got all the brackets and screws together to mount my tablet onto the bike. It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Active so 8", waterproof, dustproof, vrbration resistant and works with normal gloves. I'll be using it to run DMD2 with Copilot GPS and Spotify for longer trips. I may mount it behind the windscreen in future but I don't have an accessory bar yet so this will do for now. The bracket and mount can only be removed with tools and the tablet can only be removed with a key. I'm sure someone could get it off if they were determined but it is secure enough to leave on the bike while I'm in the petrol station or cafe.

EDIT: I'm thinking of flipping it round so the buttons are on the left. That would make a bit more sense I think.

Iy3afYy.jpeg

Last edited:
I took it out of the shed, took the tank off, took the throttle cables off, fitted one throttle cable (the other was damaged), and then decided to attack the rust on the bottom of the tank. I sanded what is essentially just surface rust, and will paint. I then took off the grips because they are yucky, and will fit some new ones, which I have, and are brown. I think I'll glue them on.

Oh and it wasn't starting because there was no petrol in it. I detest reserve taps. I swear the thing does about 100 miles to a tank which is just awful.

So it's back in the shed. I do still need to do something about the baffles, maybe JB Weld? Or a couple of really skinny self-tap screws.

I'm this close || to ordering a new seat from Aliexpress so I can re-cover my seat which has gone yucky. And it's black which will clash with my grips. No no.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom