What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Prepped for MOT tomorrow at 11am, Fingers crossed & all that.

Best of luck!!!. Always a bit of an anxious time when it comes around to the annual torture test.

My RSV has been sat still for most of the last 12 months. It was due it's MoT in June and I just didn't see the point as I have had no time to ride it. I'm hoping to get it done before the end of August if I can fit it in but of course by now, most of the good riding season weather ( for what little we had ) has came and went.

I checked how many miles I had done since it's last MoT over 12 months ago.

834. :eek:

Soldato
Just fit the Givi rack and monokey plate that finally arrived after almost 2 weeks. Time to order a top box, just got to decide what size I want/need.

Oh, and the bike got a wash. Just need to clean and lube the chain and I'm ready for another meet tomorrow.

IMAG0359.jpg

Man of Honour
Not work yet buT ordered
Bridgestone bt45r rear tyre
Rear break pads
Engine oil
Oil filter
Air filter
Spark plugs
Brake oil
Oil bleeder syringe
Oxford trickle charger
Waterproof cigerret lighter socket

Hopfully get it all fixed up week after next and through its MOT, it's been far to long say in the garage.
Also need to fit new fuel sender and try and find an intermittent electrical fault that takes out dash board.

Associate
took the ducati to local dyno place for custom map. good job i did as both cylinders were mapped very poorly and way out. 5 hours later and ive gained 5 bhp and power is far far better

Associate
Prepped for MOT tomorrow at 11am, Fingers crossed & all that.

What bike have you got now? You were the guy who got a Kawasaki a while back, weren't you? But I think I remember reading a while after that you weren't liking that style of bike?

To keep up with thread etiquette - a bit of oil on the chain and a decent wash, just getting the flies off etc. Back to mint again :)

Does anyone else just use a bit of engine oil to lube their chain? I get a bit of fling on the wheel, but nothing like what I'd got with canned lubes/waxes. The guy I got the bike off had cared for the chain this way, so I just carried it on.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
What bike have you got now? You were the guy who got a Kawasaki a while back, weren't you? But I think I remember reading a while after that you weren't liking that style of bike?

Yes mate I got rid of the Ninja after a month & a thousand miles & got a BMW F650 Funduro which suits me much better, Much more versatile loads more comfortable & much better in these changeable conditions we are having this year. Most importantly though I am the Boss of this bike where as the Ninja was just dragging me around beating me up. :p

Soldato
Well tomorrow (Monday), I'm dropping the bike off with:

1. NGK Iridium Spark Plugs,
  2. K&N Air Filter,
  3. K&N Oil Filter,
  4. Supersprox Stealth Rear Sprocket,
  5. Renthal Front Sprocket,
  6. Renthal Chain,
  7. Want all coolant changed,
  8. Want all brake fluid changed,
  9. Want Oil changed,
  10. Want Carbs balanced.

Job done.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I broke my record playing topbox lottery today.

2 x 3kg bags of Bakers dog food for Frank.
1 x large milk.
pack of large tomatoes.
Pack of Melton Mowbray medium pork pies.
Bag of Sweet mixed salad.
Tub of Creamy cheese coleslaw.
Tub of Potatoes salad.
2 whole lemons.
Large Pilgrim cheese.
Pack of breaded ham.

I had to stuff the salad & the pork pies down my jacket. :D

Soldato
Lulz.

Reminds me of back in the day when I thought it would be easy to carry a brand new Xbox on my Honda CG125 with out any panniers! How wrong I was.

Had to stick it in a carrier bag hanging off my handle bar which made steering interesting to say the least.

Soldato
nissin.jpg

Replaced front calipers with a set of nissins combined with a none standard master cylinder and now have one finger braking, the standard 2000 models are known for crap front brakes but all sorted I can now stop the old boat :D rear has been cleaned and rebled and working much better than when I first had her.

Last edited:
Soldato
I broke my record playing topbox lottery today.

2 x 3kg bags of Bakers dog food for Frank.
1 x large milk.
pack of large tomatoes.
Pack of Melton Mowbray medium pork pies.
Bag of Sweet mixed salad.
Tub of Creamy cheese coleslaw.
Tub of Potatoes salad.
2 whole lemons.
Large Pilgrim cheese.
Pack of breaded ham.

I had to stuff the salad & the pork pies down my jacket. :D

What volume is your topbox? Hopefully mine will arrive today (33ltr).

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I don't know mate, All it has is LONCIN on a badge on the top so obviously just some cheap make one that a previous owner put on it. It's great though, Clips on nice & secure & can take a fair amount of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom