• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do gamers actually think about Ray-Tracing?

Stalker 2 is UE5 so will have software RT via Lumen so all is not lost, and the trailers they have shown so far show super clean visuals without the typical Lumen artefacts so they seem to have gone the extra mile with cleaning up Lumen noise and everything on PC.

You joining me to beta testing day 1 on this one mrk? :D

There is no special nvidia tech in stalker 2, nvidia don't even mention it on their rtx pages.

It's just UE5, not the nvidia RTX branch of ue5, else it would have launched with hardware rt which it isn't?

The latest trailers don't even show the rtx logo.

The game will run as well as it can if your card can run UE5, so software rt, which means rtx cards will retain the edge.still anyway.

Last edited:
There is no special nvidia tech in stalker 2, nvidia don't even mention it on their rtx pages.

It's just UE5, not the nvidia RTX branch of ue5, else it would have launched with hardware rt which it isn't?

The latest trailers don't even show the rtx logo.

The game will run as well as it can if your card can run UE5, so software rt, which means rtx cards will retain the edge.still anyway.

Hardware RT is being added post launch according to them - it's still an achievement they will even launch the game considering the conditions they have had to endure.

But this might be one of the games where RT could be potentially be used very well IMHO.

We can all beta test it together! :cry:

Last edited:
But you lose (potentially) a lot of fun! :))

I play a lot of older games and mods too,so the latest card is nice for newer games,but I can still manage for the time-being. If anything I am more CPU limited and why I recently got a Ryzen 7 7800X3D and other parts. However,I only did that when the price was right for me.

Luckily I have other hobbies to also spend my dosh on. I don't want to feel like I am getting poor value when I make a purchase.

Last edited:
I play a lot of older games and mods too,so the latest card is nice for newer games,but I can still manage for the time-being. If anything I am more CPU limited and why I recently got a Ryzen 7 7800X3D and other parts. However,I only did that when the price was right for me.

Luckily I have other hobbies to also spend my dosh on. I don't want to feel like I am getting poor value when I make a purchase.
Yup, I agree. But keep in mind that value is subjective.

I’m not sure if it’ll be available at the 5090’s launch, but I’ll be waiting for the Tesco 7 stripe aftermarket card.

3CtbYKY.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom