• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do gamers actually think about Ray-Tracing?

Lol, after watching Bfbgamers SH2 Lumen v HWRT'ing vid shows gains of 45% faster on Lumen.

Lumen is the new DLSS.

Epic should market Lumen as 'Better than hardware RT'ing'...

Last edited:
Lol, after watching Bfbgamers SH2 Lumen v HWRT'ing vid shows gains of 45% faster on Lumen.

Lumen is the new DLSS.

Epic should market Lumen as 'Better than hardware RT'ing'...
? Lumen /is/ RT, software Lumen is like FSR, inferior to DLSS, which is on hardware as evidenced by everything using both DLSS and FSR. Hardware Lumen is like DLSS, runs on dedicated hardware and as such produces better results. I don't quite understand how you can make that statement given the things literally anyone and everyone can see for themselves by loading up the game. Yes hardware RT has a performance cost, it is very expensive on the GPU, this applies to every game using RTGI.

I suggest you watch my video above to see the quality improvements directly if you don't have the game to test yourself.

Last edited:
Kaapstaad probably said **** it and has his feet up with a bottle of vodka and 2 hot white chicks either side of him. Damn bro.
I gather Bacardi is his fave tipple, and he'll need a couple of bottles to look at these two :D

image.png

? Lumen /is/ RT,
When sarcasm was replied with more sarcasm-missing the point of the post, going by the '?Lumen is RT'.

Watch the Bfbg SH2 vid, it shows Lumen software RT 72fps v hardware RT'ing comparison-nearly a 47% performance penalty=almost everyone is going to use Lumen.

The takeaway is no one 'hates' RT' ING, they hate the performance penalty, Epic has addressed the RT penalty-there is no pushback on Lumen:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Even DF have many clips now of component spec being really important, and where these demands need more..
Vram.

Seen them, DF has went full circle and ditched plenty, forgetting they backed low vram GPUs over multiple gens lol.

They are even pointing out wee XB has no longevity because of the lack of....

Now worried about the lack of vram to enable all the RTX technologies at the mainstream level, not that long ago Alex was firmly putting blame at the Devs saying everything should work on low vram GPUs.

Last edited:
..not that long ago Alex was firmly putting blame at the Devs saying everything should work on low vram GPUs.

Sounds like a familiar parroting seen here nonetheless.

I am all for RT and the new methods coming through. The issue is on the low stack and previous gens its just not going to fly; you actually need the base resources before you can work on the software and blame the optimisation. Its taken all this time to show 8GB was struggling. Now these same influencers are talking about 12GB being the "rather have" and even started to say mid range needs more...

Sounds like a familiar parroting seen here nonetheless.

I am all for RT and the new methods coming through. The issue is on the low stack and previous gens its just not going to fly; you actually need the base resources before you can work on the software and blame the optimisation. Its taken all this time to show 8GB was struggling. Now these same influencers are talking about 12GB being the "rather have" and even started to say mid range needs more...
Should be 16Gb imo, my 4070 can run higher IQ settings if you sub Nv FG with FSR3.1 or modded FSR3, then there's the Ti..

Back
Top Bottom