• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
And what do you think accepting having your pants pulled down achieves?

Amazing how you think this is acceptable and we should all just shut up and accept it...

:cry:
I didn't say I think it's acceptable. I'm just saying that I don't see how complaining here is solving anything. If you don't want to buy a new GPU, don't.
Posting here doesn't seem like it's going to do much good.

Soldato
I didn't say I think it's acceptable. I'm just saying that I don't see how complaining here is solving anything. If you don't want to buy a new GPU, don't.

Who is talking about solving anything?

If people want to complain what's that got to with you?

Who made you arbiter of forum content?

Have you ever stopped to think that people are really concerned about the direction their hobby is going, for some people a hobby that has seen them through decades?

No, I though not...but everyone just needs to shut up because you can't bear to read any criticism...

Last edited:
Soldato
It was jokingly said that people are seeking closure but actually that's pretty true. NVIDIA and AMD are really destroying, what is for some, a hobby. People are upset.

Soldato
I've said this many times anyone basing their GPU choices on nonsense like fake frames and RT wants their heads looking at. Absolute marketing guff.
Exactly but I find it sad that PCMR went from mocking all of this with consoles and TVs to suddenly saying its the future just because of slick marketing slides. It makes me wonder what has happened to PCMR?! At least console buyers know they are getting a product made to a relatively affordable cost with convenience in mind. Not sure what the excuse PCMR has with PC though?! When has PCMR become so gullible?! :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Who is talking about solving anything?

If people want to complain what's that got to with you?

Who made you arbiter of forum content?

Have you ever stopped to think that people are really concerned about the direction their hobby is going, for some people a hobby that has seen them through decades?

No, I though not...but everyone just needs to shut up because you can't bear to read any criticism...
But I'm not allowed to complain about people complaining? I'm not allowed to point out that there are two options (buy or don't buy)?
Who made you the arbiter of the forum content?

I mean the hobby has been going this way for decades but people still bought GPUs. I'm sure people complained then too, but things didn't get better.

And I do understand people being upset and not wanting to buy something themselves, but there have been instances where people seem to be trying to make other people feel bad for buying GPUs. If people don't want to buy the new GPUs that's fine, but if people want to buy them that should be fine too.

It was jokingly said that people are seeking closure but actually that's pretty true. NVIDIA and AMD are really destroying, what is for some, a hobby. People are upset.
To be fair I do get that aspect of it.

In other words pay the asking price or shut up. Lol
What other options are there?

Soldato
Not buying and being able to freely chat about the dissatisfaction of the silly prices without being told to shut up in a round about way would be one :D

"Welcome to PCMR Club.​

The first rule of PCMR Club is: you do not talk about PCMR Club.​

The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about PCMR Club! Anyone who is critical is shown the door!​

Third rule of PCMR Club: if someone yells “stop! Don't buy”, goes limp, or taps out, remind them the more they buy the more they save otherwise they are a dreaded console pleb and traitor to the PCMR Cult....sorry Club.​

Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight, Nvidia and AMD.Intel must be mocked.​

Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. If you can't afford at least a £1000 graphics card,you are a honorary console pleb,so stand in the naughty corner. The more you buy the more you save!​

Sixth rule: the fights are bare GPU. No shirt, no shoes, no weapons. No value for money.Value for money is for poor people.The biggest ARGB E-PEEN wins!​

Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to,as long as the shareholders are happy.​

And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at PCMR Club, you have to bend over,stop moaning and pay any price,because you exist to serve your PCMR masters ."​

Last edited:
Soldato
I read that AMD wants FSR3 to be supported by competitor GPUs (in a similar way that FSR2 works on DLSS capable cards).

So, presumably, does that mean that FSR3 (with frame generation), will work with RTX 4000 graphics cards?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I read that AMD wants FSR3 to be supported by competitor GPUs (in a similar way that FSR2 works on DLSS capable cards).

So, presumably, does that mean that FSR3 (with frame generation), will work with RTX 4000 graphics cards?

Given that FSR 1 and 2 does presumably yes.

AMD always do this in the hope that their version will kill the competitors propitiatory version.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Given that FSR 1 and 2 does presumably yes.

AMD always do this in the hope that their version will kill the competitors propitiatory version.

Having said that what actually happens is people just say there is no reason to get AMD.
Even if open source trumps propitiatory Nvidia just pretend its theirs, almost no G-Sync Module G-Sync screens exist now, pretty much all of them are now Free-Sync but Nvidia still insists they are called G-Sync and slap their logo on them in place of AMD's, Because, well, you would.... who can blame them? As a result it looks like there are more G-Sync screens than Free-Sync, people looking at GPU's are thinking "My screen doesn't have Free-Sync" because it has a G-Sync sticker on it, but it is a Fee-Sync screen.

The truth is for AMD it would be better to do what Nvidia do, lock everything down and then splurge millions on paying for your crap to be all over everything.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having said that what actually happens is people just say there is no reason to get AMD.
Even if open source trumps propitiatory Nvidia just pretend its theirs, almost no G-Sync Module G-Sync screens exist now, pretty much all of them are now Free-Sync but Nvidia still insists they are called G-Sync and slap their logo on them in place of AMD's, Because, well, you would.... who can blame them? As a result it looks like there are more G-Sync screens than Free-Sync, people looking at GPU's are thinking "My screen doesn't have Free-Sync" because it has a G-Sync sticker on it, but it is a Fee-Sync screen.

The truth is for AMD it would be better to do what Nvidia do, lock everything down and then splurge millions on paying for your crap to be all over everything.
In fairness AMD FreeSync is just their name for VRR isn't it? So while the tech might be open I believe the name "AMD FreeSync" is copyrighted, so it makes sense for Nvidia not to use the name and stick with the branding they're known for.

I do agree that AMD's tech being open to all parties does mean it's not a consideration when buying a GPU in the same way Nvidia's tech is, which is probably AMD shooting themselves in the foot a little bit for the "greater good".

Last edited:
Caporegime

How many times, you are always completely wrong on this.........

- Freesync is amds marketing/PR/feature name for adaptive sync when using an amd gpu
- Gsync compatible is nvidias marketing/PR/feature name for adaptive sync when using a nvidia gpu

AMD did not "invent" freesync, they took the open industry VESA standard and enabled it to work with their gpus, same way nvidia took the adaptive sync feature and enabled it to work with nvidia gpus.

Maybe amd should put in the effort, time and money to get their name recognised via "partnerships" or by innovating like nvidia do rather than just relying on others to do the leg work for them....

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Exactly but I find it sad that PCMR went from mocking all of this with consoles and TVs to suddenly saying its the future just because of slick marketing slides. It makes me wonder what has happened to PCMR?! At least console buyers know they are getting a product made to a relatively affordable cost with convenience in mind. Not sure what the excuse PCMR has with PC though?! When has PCMR become so gullible?! :(
PCMR was lost a long time ago, it's literally full of people just laughing at each other no matter the subject. Everyone just trying to one up the next guy no matter the cost just so they can say im better than you. I'd say a good portion of people on there are just trolling for no good reason other than because im bored.

Associate

The truth is for AMD it would be better to do what Nvidia do, lock everything down and then splurge millions on paying for your crap to be all over everything

amd only tends to opensource enabling infrastructure because
a) they are not the first movers, and tend to follow nvidia
b) they dont want to invest in r&d efforts and management bandwidth to manage these projects
c) perhaps they lack the conviction to invest in these project due to various factors and consider these as high risk avenues

theres a reason why nvidia's innovations make it to market, develop critical scale and ubiquitous penetration much faster than amd and amd's decision to opensource isnt driven by altruism either

Associate
We have implemented the updates for this launch, as such it should prevent any kind of over sales if our stock runs out. Right now the most popular seller has been Asus TUF.
At the moment a 4070Ti seems to be selling every 15-20s. :eek:
Kinda gringe that you act surprised in a good way, seems almost like gloating over the fact you are managing to sell some of your 4080 12gb 4070ti 4060ti's to desperate buyers who clearly either don't know any better, or have no control over their spending urges.

Not a good look to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom