• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Kinda gringe that you act surprised in a good way, seems almost like gloating over the fact you are managing to sell some of your 4080 12gb 4070ti 4060ti's to desperate buyers who clearly either don't know any better, or have no control over their spending urges.

Not a good look to be fair.
He's literally just providing facts about sales figures.

Caporegime
Yes, let's just accept that everything sucks...

But what are you going to do about it? You have zero power to change things. Companies don't give a damn about people ranting in a forum, they set prices and products based on hard data, fundamental analysis, focus groups and have teams of experts crunching numbers to extract the maximum profit.

The best thing you can do is just not buy a new GPU and hope enough other people do the same. The problem is every generation seems the same and actually the market is able to support those prices so nothing changes

Soldato
NVIDIA have to face the fact that if Moores law is dead, as they claim, then what that really means is they can't justify an entirely new product range every two years. Trying to keep going with exactly the same business model and pin the cost on the consumer just isn't going to work.
They can always bring back multi GPU or push more towards a chiplet design. But... most likely they'll pocket the savings themselves. :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think you are right, in that they probably won't reduce MSRP, not until the 50 series anyway. And I also think that discussing why they have done this is pointless, but this is not good business, it's very bad business. At the very least they have failed to present good reasons for the price increases to the experts and gamers alike. A graphics card is an essential product for the PC but NVIDIA are trying to turn it in to a luxury product. You can't just SAY it's a luxury product and expect the people to buy it. You have to earn that tag and NVIDIA certainly have not.
But all that is meaningless if Nvidia actually sells the volume of GPUs they expect. This is the same argument regurgitated every release. If you are right then Nvidia won't get the sales figures and will adjust their strategy

The reason Nvidia are probably right is that GPUs are a luxory, and luxory products are relatively price immutable and are not impacted by things like cost of living.

Here we are with the Tories having spent 12 years completely destroying the UK economy and putting millions of people in to poverty, rapidly bringing the income for much of the bottom quater of UK earners close to eastern Europe. Millions of people are wondering how to balance paying for heating or putting food on the table, record usage of food banks, the greatest drop in social mobility in 100 years. These people are about the cost of electricity, or the record food prices brought about by Brexit and Ukraine. None of these people give a second's thought about a 4080 or 7900xt. If you even contemplate such a purchase then you are doing so as a luxory and not a necessity, and as a luxory prices are very flexible and there is never a good justification. Rolex watches are not intrinsically worth their cost and rolex doesn't try to justify it, but the market supports their asking price.

Soldato

Qouted in error.
But what are you going to do about it? You have zero power to change things. Companies don't give a damn about people ranting in a forum, they set prices and products based on hard data, fundamental analysis, focus groups and have teams of experts crunching numbers to extract the maximum profit.

The best thing you can do is just not buy a new GPU and hope enough other people do the same. The problem is every generation seems the same and actually the market is able to support those prices so nothing changes

Nah, I'd rather make my opinions known rather than defending the interests of corporations by trying to shut down criticism...do you think anything was ever changed by people just accepting the status quo?

Maybe the suffragettes and abolitionists for example should have kept quiet because "Nothing is ever going to change?" - I have changed bad practices at work numerous times after people kept telling me "It's just the way it is" "Nothing will ever change"...

#Iamhappytoacceptbadsituations

Last edited:
Associate
This is a great place to be to watch ppl have a go at people who have temporarily have more money than them.

So what if I couldn't pay this month's rent, or I sold my dog? He was a drain on society anyway :)

Expensive products are the great equaliser.
You could not be more wrong. I know plenty of multi millionaires who are where they are because of pure work and graft, and knowing what is and is not a waste of their money. Funnily enough not a single one of them drive anything costing more than about £35k either. Those with real wealth, gain that wealth because they work harder and spend wisely, those with espensive things, like to pretend they are rich, by owning expensive cars, watches holidays etc etc, but in reality a lot of that is on credit and they are in debt to own those things or spend their savings, meaning they are never actually wealthy and they are certainly not retired at 45.

Soldato
But all that is meaningless if Nvidia actually sells the volume of GPUs they expect. This is the same argument regurgitated every release. If you are right then Nvidia won't get the sales figures and will adjust their strategy

The reason Nvidia are probably right is that GPUs are a luxory, and luxory products are relatively price immutable and are not impacted by things like cost of living.

Here we are with the Tories having spent 12 years completely destroying the UK economy and putting millions of people in to poverty, rapidly bringing the income for much of the bottom quater of UK earners close to eastern Europe. Millions of people are wondering how to balance paying for heating or putting food on the table, record usage of food banks, the greatest drop in social mobility in 100 years. These people are about the cost of electricity, or the record food prices brought about by Brexit and Ukraine. None of these people give a second's thought about a 4080 or 7900xt. If you even contemplate such a purchase then you are doing so as a luxory and not a necessity, and as a luxory prices are very flexible and there is never a good justification. Rolex watches are not intrinsically worth their cost and rolex doesn't try to justify it, but the market supports their asking price.

You can't just declare all graphics cards luxury items, triple their cost, and hope that the public will be happy about that! Sure, you might make comparisons between a rolex and a 4090, but you sure as heck can't say that of a 4070ti - the gaming worlds equivalent of a Timex.

Associate
Surely if you buy 2nd hand you're just helping fund someone's purchase of one of these new cards. So a new card still gets bought.
LOL yeah but what to do!
Will hold out some longer. Dont play as much annyway. Just playing some Dirt 4 and Mario Kart - Yuzu - every damn night tho. So that will do it!
Have much other more important things to Start doing in my life annyway. But hey I will go for an DLSS3 gpu, later down the road I belive!

Associate
That’s exactly the problem with the pricing, it’s crap but because of the cost of 3080/3090 cards, even 2nd hand, it just doesn’t make sense to buy anything else for 1440p high fps.

Associate
Exactly but I find it sad that PCMR went from mocking all of this with consoles and TVs to suddenly saying its the future just because of slick marketing slides. It makes me wonder what has happened to PCMR?! At least console buyers know they are getting a product made to a relatively affordable cost with convenience in mind. Not sure what the excuse PCMR has with PC though?! When has PCMR become so gullible?! :(
But it's better than native:D:cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
I have gone AMD (7900XT) for the first time in years.
Playing Hell Let Loose at 3840 x 1600 it uses up to 14GB of VRAM at times, and that is without the graphics settings set high due to the game being CPU bound.

I really don't feel that >£800 for 12GB is good enough in 2023.

Because of the various limitations it seems to me to be more of a 4060 Super than a 4070ti. We need new names!. You can see it now - Headline! NVIDIA Announce the 4070 Enfeebled.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You can't just declare all graphics cards luxury items, triple their cost, and hope that the public will be happy about that! Sure, you might make comparisons between a rolex and a 4090, but you sure as heck can't say that of a 4070ti - the gaming worlds equivalent of a Timex.

Literally with the 4070ti [and below] nVidia is asking Omega money for a Casio and some people are still spending :(

Soldato
You could not be more wrong. I know plenty of multi millionaires who are where they are because of pure work and graft, and knowing what is and is not a waste of their money. Funnily enough not a single one of them drive anything costing more than about £35k either. Those with real wealth, gain that wealth because they work harder and spend wisely, those with espensive things, like to pretend they are rich, by owning expensive cars, watches holidays etc etc, but in reality a lot of that is on credit and they are in debt to own those things or spend their savings, meaning they are never actually wealthy and they are certainly not retired at 45.

Look at people driving round £600 P/M rental **** Panzers, pretending they're living the Insty highlife, one look at your shoes and the PJ's you're wearing to fill-up tells me you'll never own a Range Rover in a million years.

There's nothing wrong with buying a few things on credit, it helps your credit rating for one thing, but renting expensive luxuries and things you don't need isn't fooling anyone, only yourself.

Soldato
Look at people driving round £600 P/M rental **** Panzers, pretending they're living the Insty highlife, one look at your shoes and the PJ's you're wearing to fill-up tells me you'll never own a Range Rover in a million years.

There's nothing wrong with buying a few things on credit, it helps your credit rating for one thing, but renting expensive luxuries and things you don't need isn't fooling anyone, only yourself.

I blame culture

You see rappers in music videos dancing around a Lamborghini they rented for a day, while wearing 30 carrots of rented gold chains and a rented Rolex and singing about how they own this car, watches and jewels and after the video is filmed they give it back to the real owner and go back to living in moms basement hoping their video goes viral

And it's not just music videos, this is all over Instagram as well

Last edited:
Soldato
I read that AMD wants FSR3 to be supported by competitor GPUs (in a similar way that FSR2 works on DLSS capable cards).

So, presumably, does that mean that FSR3 (with frame generation), will work with RTX 4000 graphics cards?
I think more poignantly it should work on 3000 series cards which is something nvidia has failed to do with DLSS 3 FG despite the cards having similar hardware.

Soldato
Exactly but I find it sad that PCMR went from mocking all of this with consoles and TVs to suddenly saying its the future just because of slick marketing slides. It makes me wonder what has happened to PCMR?! At least console buyers know they are getting a product made to a relatively affordable cost with convenience in mind. Not sure what the excuse PCMR has with PC though?! When has PCMR become so gullible?! :(

Started a new job, a 6-7 years ago, got talking nearly everyone was on console, I said "Oh I have a PC I play games on that" someone said "Oh PC Master Race" I didn;t even know what it was until I got home and searched it...

PCMR is nothing but an ego massage for saddoes that need a bit of validation, the Range Ranger epidemic is another classic example, 99% don't own 'em, 98% never will, 95% don't need them, 90% can't drive 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom