• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Warzone is pretty CPU limited so that would explain the drops in that game.

Sounds like some nice improvements for you across the board though!
Yeh as I said in my previous, apart from the very obvious pricing upset it's doing exactly what I wanted from an upgrade and I have physically seen a significant increase in my gaming experience, not just FPS figure watching.

It's just a massive shame the price is not where it should be.

Associate
Their content especially from Alex outside of the promotional videos is second to none though, they've picked up/identified so many issues that other reviewers just don't have the attention to detail to pick up on, especially regarding #stutterstruggle

Alex continuing to fight the good fight in their latest article.

Caporegime
Alex continuing to fight the good fight in their latest article.

SHILLS!!!!!!!!! :mad:

:D

But great read and the video version:

This is ultimately the reality, so many games could do with better optimisation and settings choice rather than relying on brute force hardware and things like frame generation to overcome CPU bottlenecks.

Soldato
SHILLS!!!!!!!!! :mad:

:D

But great read and the video version:

This is ultimately the reality, so many games could do with better optimisation and settings choice rather than relying on brute force hardware and things like frame generation to overcome CPU bottlenecks.

It's never the games that are programmed wrong - when something doesn't work it's always the GPU's fault as we see year after year, from supposed AAA devs.

Others call it game progress, as of course games are always perfectly programmed on release. Massive amounts of VRAM just allow devs to be lazy and those with the biggest wallets have the best experience.

NEVER EVER buy a game on release unless you are a game reviewer.

Elden ring console port - limited at 60hz refresh

People jumping up and down at people buying £2k cards becuase if they didnt it would make it affordable for them - when they are quite happy to pay MSRP for a new beta release.

Stop buying games on release - not GPU's.

That said if you have the money and can afford it you just buy one. Otherwise you wouldn't on principle, as some people call it, buy apples that have doubled from £1.50 - £3.00 for 6. Everything has doubled. If someone says they can buy 10 if they wanted - but refuse on principle- in reality can't afford it. I get not paying double for not much more perf. But a 4090 is double a 3080 @ 4k and not much more than a 3090 was.

Last edited:
Soldato
You know what i fear about this, in X86 AMD are selling everything they make, if they made a lot more they would sell all of that, they could easily switch GPU capacity over the X86 and forget about GPU's.
And what we would lose? GPUs are already (more than) double what they should be and looks like not at a sustainable price. There is no more competition for the consumers to want them around anyway. Nvidia goes, AMD goes or Intel goes... no big loss here. well, big loss if AMD and nivida go as Intel aren't that far yet in terms of performance and drivers. :))

But they won't go anywhere, still need the department for custom orders.

Associate
THE THREAD TITLE IS :

What do you think of the 4070Ti?​

And my answer is I think it fits the BILL Perfectly for me!!! why ? the options where ......buy a rtx 4070ti for £800 , buy a rtx 3080 for £700 or buy a rtx 3090 for £1300 .................so i purchaced a rtx 4070ti and have the same framerate in games I play on 1440p as i would on a rtx £3090, BUT IF I HAD TO GO BY HALF THE POSTS ON HERE I SHOULD HAVE PAID £500 more for the same Framerate and purchaced the rtx 3090 !!!!!! give your heads a shake ..................... please stop bashing the rtx4070ti it has its place , a newby on here might listen /read this verbal diareah written on this tread and spend more money than he needs to !!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you already a fan? I need to catchup on the OCUK thread for it :)

It's not Star Citizen but with over 500 developers, 300 actors and 150,000 lines of dialogue, the early rumours suggesting that Starfield is a home run, it could be, possibly be the number 1 PC game for 2023 that's Sci-fi, original IP, an RPG, not a sequel or a re-launched/updated console game (i.e the last of us).

Therefore, its going to be a real battle royal for Nvidia and AMD at every product level but especially the 4070ti because we the OCUK forum is going to be all over it, if its as good as being hinted for this play-testing it atm. Fallout was previously an Nvidia Gameworks title and Skyrim was a mess in the early days so i am not confident about the quality of the engine.

If its not good then, this is a problem for AMD as the other potential candidate 'the day before', uses unreal engine 5 but its an Nvidia partnership title and they will probably gimp it so it works very well on Lovelace and nothing else.

That leaves Naughty Dog and 'The Last Of Us' On PC, it uses Naughty Dog's new PS5 3D engine and Nvidia has not managed to get them to 'kneel before zod' as it were so it might actually show us the 20% difference between the 4070ti and the 7900XT.....or not.
I meant more from a technical angle. From what I've seen so far there's no Crysis moment, no heavy use of RT (if any), so nVIDIA will probably not have the edge.
Frankly, based on my experience with their previous games, I'm more worried about the CPU.
As for content and story, we'll see. Again, I haven't seen anything wow in their presentation, just the same ol' same ol', but definitely will worth a play through I guess. :)

Associate
THE THREAD TITLE IS :

And my answer is I think it fits the BILL Perfectly for me!!! why ? the options where ......buy a rtx 4070ti for £800 , buy a rtx 3080 for £700 or buy a rtx 3090 for £1300 .................so i purchaced a rtx 4070ti and have the same framerate in games I play on 1440p as i would on a rtx £3090, BUT IF I HAD TO GO BY HALF THE POSTS ON HERE I SHOULD HAVE PAID £500 more for the same Framerate and purchaced the rtx 3090 !!!!!! give your heads a shake ..................... please stop bashing the rtx4070ti it has its place , a newby on here might listen /read this verbal diareah written on this tread and spend more money than he needs to !!!

It also fits the bill perfectly for me (still managing with a GTX1070). I think it boils down to the fact crypto mining has ended, yet Nvidia and AMD think that gamers have been conditioned into to paying £extra for a new GPU. I'm trying my best to resist buying a 4070Ti, despite being the perfect upgrade for me. I skipped the RTX30xx series, as I refused to compete with crypto miners for one of those cards (I'd have gone for a 3080 at about £700). I no longer have to compete with crypto miners, just my upgrade itch. If a 4070Ti was available at around £700, it would probably be in my PC right now. The fact that a new RTX3080, a card that's being retired, is only now available at about £700 just makes me feel I should vote with my wallet. Yes, comparing a 4070 with a 3090 makes it look like a pretty good deal, but GPU technology has moved on, and mining is no longer a significant factor in pricing. It seems that there's a fair few 4070Ti's not shifting, and that might be a good sign that those of us keeping our powder dry might get what we want in the end.

Last edited:
Soldato
THE THREAD TITLE IS :

You already had a 3080 though so it's a pointless upgrade for 1440p, the 3090 was also a pointless upgrade over the 3080 for 1440p. All your doing is telling Nvidia your happy paying £800+ for a 70 class card going forward that is barely any better than last gens £650 80 class card.

Associate
Great gpu. but a bit pricey as said, but all is these damn days..LOL!
Well it's atleast have great performance, and Should have awesome RT power + the frame generation!

I would jump right over it after check it out some more - vids / rev etc etc. But dont have the cash right now!

I know I really desperatly needs to upgrade from my old 2060S!

Last edited:
Soldato
Not a pointless upgrade at all , i get to use games in high settings and also i can purchace a 200 hz monitor and take full advantage of that which was not possible on the 3080, im done wasting energy on this thread , its pointless.

Just my opinion but doesn't seem worth going 3080/ 3090 to 4070ti , yeah you have dlss3 but you wouldn't use that online anyway and single player don't really need much above 60fps only thing going for the 4070ti is the lower power

I'll be keeping my 3080 and give the middle finger to both Nvidia and AMD

FmrZX2B.jpg

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
THE THREAD TITLE IS :

THE THREAD TITLE IS :

Well me? I think it is utter *****!

NVIDIA CHARGING £800+ FOR WHAT IS ESSENTIALLY A 4060 Ti!!

And worse yet they got people LIKING IT............... It's a goddamned travesty...........

IT'S MY OPINION, LIKE IT OR LUMP IT!!

:p

Associate
THE THREAD TITLE IS :

Jensen, please stop posting here. Thanks. :)

Soldato
Lol yeah the issue with PC gaming is console ports, not the price of even half decent GPUs.

Hello trees, have you seen any woods?
For me not at all. My brain doesn't even register a stutter here and there. The whole issue is completely overblown imo but that being said it would be good if it was sorted.

Soldato
Not a pointless upgrade at all , i get to use games in high settings and also i can purchace a 200 hz monitor and take full advantage of that which was not possible on the 3080, im done wasting energy on this thread , its pointless.
You talk like a 3080 is a low end GPU incapable of running high settings at high fps but the reality is if a game can run at 200fps high settings on a 4070ti it'll run at 170fps high settings on a 3080, if you can tell the difference between 170 and 200 fps I'd be amazed.

Now if you'd had said that You're playing at 4K and getting 52fps and want to hit 60 or that farcry 6 is your favourite game and you long for those sweet HD textures then your reasoning would have looked less nonsensical.

Clearly you feel aggrieved that you've overpayed for what is a midrange card this generation and a piecemeal upgrade over the 3080 you had so you now are now here trying to justify your purchase, albeit in a rather odd way.

Soldato
You talk like a 3080 is a low end GPU incapable of running high settings at high fps but the reality is if a game can run at 200fps high settings on a 4070ti it'll run at 170fps high settings on a 3080, if you can tell the difference between 170 and 200 fps I'd be amazed.

Now if you'd had said that You're playing at 4K and getting 52fps and want to hit 60 or that farcry 6 is your favourite game and you long for those sweet HD textures then your reasoning would have looked less nonsensical.

Clearly you feel aggrieved that you've overpayed for what is a midrange card this generation and a piecemeal upgrade over the 3080 you had so you now are now here trying to justify your purchase, albeit in a rather odd way.

Even 4K for the 4070ti doesn't make sense it's low memory bus starts showing up and it's not really giving you much headroom at 4K from the get go , personally for 4K min for me would be 7900xtx or 4080

3080 / 3090 for 1440p are fine still above 100fps mostly and give great experience like you say when you actually playing I bet most won't be to tell the difference if they didn't look at the frame counter

Soldato
THE THREAD TITLE IS :

Well me? I think it is utter *****!

NVIDIA CHARGING £800+ FOR WHAT IS ESSENTIALLY A 4060 Ti!!

And worse yet they got people LIKING IT............... It's a goddamned travesty...........

IT'S MY OPINION, LIKE IT OR LUMP IT!!

:p
Imagine how far ahead nvidia is when the card that should be a 4060 competes with amd"s 2nd best. Lol

Soldato
THE THREAD TITLE IS :

..Yes, Doctor. Definitely another diagnosed case of 'Copium Copiatus'

..its spreading, rapidly, it must be airborne, what shall we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom