• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well the thing is, with 90 pages here and hundreds of pages in other forums complaining about the 4070tis pricing, while having 0 pages complaining about the 7900xt prices, a random person browsing the forum would conclude that the 4070ti is overpriced (100s of pages saying so) while the xt isn't, lets buy the xt.
Moans about no one moaning about 7900xt prices when he's been doing that for pages, also have you been living under a rock.

Soldato
Well the thing is, with 90 pages here and hundreds of pages in other forums complaining about the 4070tis pricing, while having 0 pages complaining about the 7900xt prices, a random person browsing the forum would conclude that the 4070ti is overpriced (100s of pages saying so) while the xt isn't, lets buy the xt.

Not only would he have made the wrong choice, he would also negatively affect me and you by buying the worst and the more overpriced product.

0 pages lo ? literally every post about the new cards is about poor pricing by both AMD and Nvidia

Only the very few fan Boyz defending pricing on either, thankfully most know the pricing is ridiculous from both I've seen loads of post complaining about and you are say 0 pages for AMD lol

Last edited:
Soldato
0 pages lo ?l literally every post about the new cards is about poor pricing by both AMD and Nvidia
Moans about no one moaning about 7900xt prices when he's been doing that for pages, also have you been living under a rock.
Sure, can you point me to the 100 pages long 7900xt price moaning thread? Did a quick search but couldnt find it

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Not only would he have made the wrong choice, he would also negatively affect me and you by buying the worst and the more overpriced product.

Parallel universe your living in. Like we said, nvidia thread, stick to talking about nvidia. Nobody cares about AMD stop deflecting the elephant in the room which is the rip-off prices!

Soldato
Sure, can you point me to the 100 pages long 7900xt price moaning thread? Did a quick search but couldnt find it

You really want me to waste my time to browse this whole forum ? Look in the AMD threads? I have better things to do I know most are moaning about prices on either been on this forum since the GPUs released and the main topic is always pricing be it AMD or Nvidia, why does it seem to effect you so much ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Not quite the same, but currently the thread directly under this one discusses vapour chamber issues and reasons for RMAing the 7900XT... Somebody looking at that might go "Jesus, that new thing might simply break".

And in the AMD thread the same characters keep mentioning nvidia with the positive spins, its like they cannot stick to the designated threads about the right hardware! :cry:

Soldato

Or you know, the very section of the forum, and thread, that you're posting in.

EUdNPQmXYAA5aJa.jpg

Soldato

Or you know, the very section of the forum, and thread, that you're posting in.

EUdNPQmXYAA5aJa.jpg
1st thread is from 2021, even the last few pages are a months old. Not much if any talk about the 7900xt's pricing. 2nd thread is the owners thread, not much about pricing either, there are just people posting reviews. 3rd thread people complaining about ocuks pricing, at least the first few pages i checked. 4th thread people still complaining about nvidias pricing and naming Last thread is about the 4070ti.

So...what?

Soldato
Parallel universe your living in. Like we said, nvidia thread, stick to talking about nvidia. Nobody cares about AMD stop deflecting the elephant in the room which is the rip-off prices!
Ok, let's stick to nvidia.

The 4070ti is a great product and a great value considering the current market, since not only it is the cheapest new gen card with the best power draw, it also offers features and RT performance that competes with the competitors next generation card that isn't going to be out for at least 2 years.

Complaining about the price of the cheapest current gen card that offers features and performance that you can only get from the competition by time travelling to the future is nuts to me.

Soldato
Taking things out of context is akin to strawmaning, basically admittance of defeat, cant argue with what someone is saying, you are arguing with what he isn't. Thanks for proving me right i guess.

I have no clue about GPUS, the GPU market and anything of that sort. I check benchmarks and I see that the 4070ti is the cheapest card, with the best power draw, features literally from the future (RT performance, dlss 3 etc.) and doesn't have issues with power draw on playback etc. How would it be wrong for me to conclude that it is by far the best value card?

Soldato
Taking things out of context is akin to strawmaning, basically admittance of defeat, cant argue with what someone is saying, you are arguing with what he isn't. Thanks for proving me right i guess.

I have no clue about GPUS, the GPU market and anything of that sort. I check benchmarks and I see that the 4070ti is the cheapest card, with the best power draw, features literally from the future (RT performance, dlss 3 etc.) and doesn't have issues with power draw on playback etc. How would it be wrong for me to conclude that it is by far the best value card?
Are you working in marketing, PR, the sorts?

Soldato

"Context" is why the market is rejecting the 4070Ti. It's value proposition is two years too late.

If you were born yesterday and had no understanding of how tech has advanced over the years, *then* you might think the 4070Ti was a good value.

But in context, the 4070Ti is crap and the market is saying that now.

Soldato
trying to pull the best out of a bad bunch ? which is debatable no doesnt work with me I mark them all as bad and not interested in any of them even at the slightest at current pricing I cant even make myself at least make some case for any of them because it would mean im accepting it almost feels you are working for the PR department I cant stand to defend either company

its sad as someone new getting into this might think its the norm, I still remember walking into PC World to buy the voodoo 3dfx and where we are now

Last edited:
Soldato
1st thread is from 2021, even the last few pages are a months old. Not much if any talk about the 7900xt's pricing. 2nd thread is the owners thread, not much about pricing either, there are just people posting reviews. 3rd thread people complaining about ocuks pricing, at least the first few pages i checked. 4th thread people still complaining about nvidias pricing and naming Last thread is about the 4070ti.

So...what?
So you want a new thread started every week or something? Even so those threads are still very much active because that was just the first page.

I guess at least we have an answer to the have you been living under a rock question, you've have and what's worse is even when presenting with evidence you're choosing to remain ignorant.

Months old you say, before today someone last posted in that first thread last month, that's not months. Also do you really expect people to believe that an owners thread, people posting about OCUK's pricing, and a thread about someone literally buying a 4080 because AMD cards haven't blown the doors off, and to top it all this very thread where all you keep doing is banging on about what great value the 4070Ti is and how terrible the value of the 7900's are, all of those have 0 pages complaining about the 7900xt prices. And you accuse others of fanboyism, you sir have lost what little objectivity you had.
Doesnt matter what I do for a living, doesn't impact whether what I said is true or not at the sligthest
I think it's only fair for others to be the judge of that.

Last edited:
Associate

@Bencher

I am reposting this and I suggest you actually watch it and see why this gen is the worst in history from a value proposition. Turing was bad but this is on another level. The progression of better value along with faster performance is broken with this gen for the first time.

You are arguing that because a Ferarris is faster than a Porsche and costs a bit less we shoudl be happy to buy a Ferarri at X price. What will actually happen is the public will buy neither.

I will be putting you on ignore the next time you try to justify your purchase by saying the other option is worse.

Associate
trying to pull the best out of a bad bunch ? which is debatable no doesnt work with me I mark them all as bad and not interested in any of them even at the slightest at current pricing I cant even make myself at least make some case of any of them because it would mean im accepting it almost feels you are working for the PR department I cant stand to defend either company

its sad as someone new getting into this might think its the norm, I still remember walking into PC World to buy the voodoo 3dfx
So do I but happened to know someone who worked there and he put it through at half price. Damaged box item which was fine before he slashed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom