• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
trying to pull the best out of a bad bunch ? which is debatable no doesnt work with me I mark them all as bad and not interested in any of them even at the slightest at current pricing I cant even make myself at least make some case of any of them because it would mean im accepting it almost feels you are working for the PR department I cant stand to defend either company

its sad as someone new getting into this might think its the norm, I still remember walking into PC World to buy the voodoo 3dfx
Well the prices arent the issue, they will drop if people don't buy. What's scaring the crap out of me is seeing the 7900xt and xtxs on top 10 lists of amazon / newegg etc best selling gpus. What message does that send to nvidia? Release prebeta hardware with tons of issues and 3 year old features and RT performance, charge a fortune and we will buy it. Holy freaking cow what are people thinking is beyond me

Soldato
Well the prices arent the issue, they will drop if people don't buy. What's scaring the crap out of me is seeing the 7900xt and xtxs on top 10 lists of amazon / newegg etc best selling gpus. What message does that send to nvidia? Release prebeta hardware with tons of issues and 3 year old features and RT performance, charge a fortune and we will buy it. Holy freaking cow what are people thinking is beyond me

what do you mean by Well the prices arent the issue ?????

Soldato
The fun part about the talks of "luxury" items is that a product for which you can argue in a way that can be luxury (4090) only got a price increase of about 6-7% while all the others more than doubled. And yet, Bencher & Co. are like "prices are not the problem, I'm more scared that 7900xt moves some quantities!". :))

Last edited:
Associate
Complaining about the price of the cheapest current gen card that offers features and performance that you can only get from the competition by time travelling to the future is nuts to me.
Taking things out of context is akin to strawmaning, basically admittance of defeat, cant argue with what someone is saying, you are arguing with what he isn't. Thanks for proving me right i guess.

I have no clue about GPUS, the GPU market and anything of that sort. I check benchmarks and I see that the 4070ti is the cheapest card, with the best power draw, features literally from the future (RT performance, dlss 3 etc.) and doesn't have issues with power draw on playback etc. How would it be wrong for me to conclude that it is by far the best value card?
I'm just enjoying the fact that competition from time travelling to the future is nuts, but it's OK that the 4070ti has features literally from the future.

Soldato
@Bencher

I am reposting this and I suggest you actually watch it and see why this gen is the worst in history from a value proposition. Turing was bad but this is on another level. The progression of better value along with faster performance is broken with this gen for the first time.

You are arguing that because a Ferarris is faster than a Porsche and costs a bit less we shoudl be happy to buy a Ferarri at X price. What will actually happen is the public will buy neither.

I will be putting you on ignore the next time you try to justify your purchase by saying the other option is worse.
I didn't watch the video, but im sure it would have entitlement issues. Are we leaving in the worst era to build a gaming PC? No, not by a long shot. Not even close actually. A 400€ card is enough to max out all games reasonably at 100+ fps at 1440p. Then you add in DLSS and FSR techniques and those 2 year old 350-400€ cards are going to last you 3-4 more years. Wanting to play at 4k native with RT is luxury, and demanding it to be possible with a 500€ GPU is entitlement.

Just for context, 1080ti, an 800€ card, at it's release was averaging around 100 fps at 1440p at the games that existed back then according to TPU. That's the same framerate an 6700xt or a 3060ti get you today (again, according to the latest tpu review). That's already high end gaming territory. Anything above that is ultra luxury and personally I don't give a damn how much it costs, it can be 9k € for all I care.

Soldato
I didn't watch the video, but im sure it would have entitlement issues. Are we leaving in the worst era to build a gaming PC? No, not by a long shot. Not even close actually. A 400€ card is enough to max out all games reasonably at 100+ fps at 1440p. Then you add in DLSS and FSR techniques and those 2 year old 350-400€ cards are going to last you 3-4 more years. Wanting to play at 4k native with RT is luxury, and demanding it to be possible with a 500€ GPU is entitlement.

Just for context, 1080ti, an 800€ card, at it's release was averaging around 100 fps at 1440p at the games that existed back then according to TPU. That's the same framerate an 6700xt or a 3060ti get you today (again, according to the latest tpu review). That's already high end gaming territory. Anything above that is ultra luxury and personally I don't give a damn how much it costs, it can be 9k € for all I care.
Nice that you've set your own personal, subjective benchmark for what luxury is. Maybe all the 1st world and 2nd world countries are living in luxury and need to get to the standard of living of the 3rd world countries in order for companies to make the best profit there is. Sounds fair?

And a 6700xt/3060ti can't give you 100+ fps maxed out at 1440p. Lol. You're trying to sell vegetables to gardners.

Last edited:
Soldato
The fixation on what AMD are doing is disturbing that some have tunnel vision thinking like that. Excusing the prices is unreal considering as already pointed out other industries and tech have maintained or fell in price, showing 2x hikes is unjustified.

What AMD are doing is the only thing that matters to Nvidia. They would otherwise love to have a monopoly where they can charge anything. If you were nvidia you would do the exact same thing, that is why they are one of the best performing stocks over the last 10 years.

It is as simple as that. If other areas of tech haven't increased it is only due to competition. Not because companies are generous.

AMD are also showing their true colours as willing to play the second smaller member in a duopoly.

Last edited:
Soldato
so dragging this thread back vaguely on topic, what's everyone's ok price to grab a 4070ti, myself if it got to £700 id say it would be worth a punt when you compared it to the £650 launch of the 3080 founders.

its still high but compared to where we where performance wise two years ago for the same price its not bad.
Imo what people often fail to do is contextualise the price. I see guys all over the internet complain about $50 differences all day, for months, and hold out, for months, for that kind of a drop, and to me it's just really bizzare given that these are people in 1st world countries who could relatively easily make up that money and instead they miss out on a better experience just so that they can count pennies.
Another thing they're missing is failing to imagine the next round of cards and their prices & performance. Is anyone really expecting that Nvidia will go backwards in pricing, especially as the economy will have rebounded by then, and the gains from node shrinks will have almost disappeared (and even those new nodes are ever more expensive)?
But to answer your question, I actually would be ok with a £700 4070 Ti as well, because it's near enough what I paid for my RX 6800 and in the scenarios I'm interested in it would be close to 2x performance. I think a bigger obstacle to wanting to upgrade right now is that there's no new game on the horizon that can really get me hyped for such an upgrade. I play a lot of Cyberpunk but I can already run that well enough (even with RT) so there's no sense of urgency. Moreover if I wanted to really splash out and get a 4090 then I'd run into a massive wall that's the CPU bottleneck, so kinda pointless too.

Associate

Well I think what this shows is that most people do not give a flying monkey turd about RT performance and pure raster performance is far far more important. Plus AMD do not sell more than Nvidia , the fact that Nv has 86% market share should prove that. The sales figures for a certain week when new products are released may favour AMD but over time Nv sell way way more gpus.

So you did not watch the video ? Do not see how this is a different situation to every other generation of gpus. Keep the blinkers on and delude yourself that you got the best deal in history. I have a 7900xtx , I know it was overpriced and will cost less in 6 months, I try to keep an open view and not think everything I do is the perfect choice.

Soldato
Nice that you've set your own personal, subjective benchmark for what luxury is. Maybe all the 1st world and 2nd world countries are living in luxury and need to get to the standard of living of the 3rd world countries in order for companies to make the best profit there is. Sounds fair?

And a 6700xt/3060ti can't give you 100+ fps maxed out at 1440p. Lol. You're trying to sell vegetables to gardners.

/next

Soldato
So you did not watch the video ? Do not see how this is a different situation to every other generation of gpus. Keep the blinkers on and delude yourself that you got the best deal in history. I have a 7900xtx , I know it was overpriced and will cost less in 6 months, I try to keep an open view and not think everything I do is the perfect choice.
How is that what im doing? I don't have a 4070ti lol, what are you talking about?

You got a 7900xtx and you are here complaining about nvidias prices? ROFLMAA, this is crazy

Associate
the thing is amd fangirls will make statements like "amd is not to be blamed for high prices because they are just following nvidia's lead.. nvidia was the first to signal prices when they unveiled the 4080 12g.. amd is good nvidia bad"
then you start associating the brand with the followers .. er trolls

meanwhile it seems intel is collaborating with nvidia on opacity micro maps
i thought people might be interested

Soldato
Nice of you to cherry pick.
Look at RT numbers since you were going on and on about that. Or at RDR2 .
I posted you the average across all games, you said I cherry picked while you are telling me to go check one specific game. The freaking irony flied past your head didnt it? :D :D :D

What the heck is going on in people's brains, Id really like to know

Regardless, here you go, 70 fps on maxed out RDR2

Last edited:
Soldato
so dragging this thread back vaguely on topic, what's everyone's ok price to grab a 4070ti, myself if it got to £700 id say it would be worth a punt when you compared it to the £650 launch of the 3080 founders.

its still high but compared to where we where performance wise two years ago for the same price its not bad.

It's about 30% faster than last gen's $600 price point, and I consider 30% to be a good generational uplift, so I think $600 would be "good" to me.

Soldato
I posted you the average across all games, you said I cherry picked while you are telling me to go check one specific game. The freaking irony flied past your head didnt it? :D :D :D

What the heck is going on in people's brains, Id really like to know

Regardless, here you go, 70 fps on maxed out RDR2

Lol you said yourself all games 100 fps before dlss / FSR and you want to disregard where that is not happening or RT altogether after you've putted that on a pedestal.

Soldato
Lol you said yourself all games 100 fps before dlss / FSR and you want to disregard where that is not happening or RT altogether after you've putted that on a pedestal.
Are you trolling? In order to get 100 fps on average, some games are going to get more, some less. That's what averages are. I also mentioned DLSS FSR in the original post you quoted, so again, what the heck are you talking about? It's fine, you were wrong, get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom