What film did you watch last night?

The Perks of Being a Wall Flower - A film that almost works, trying to be a throwback to the '80's American high school comedies but with a more serious and grown up take. I liked the film and the performances but overall it didn't really live up to its potential, maybe I am being a bit harsh but it was the usual culprits of all of the teenagers have very well off parents, sports types are bullies, oh, and 80's music fans not recognising Bowie was but of a shocker. 3/5

Jack Reacher

I don't mind Tom Cruise at all but being a huge fan of the books, I still think it was some poor casting. Also, they changed the end scene too much, far less drama.

I've seen worse but I've also seen much better.

Oblivion (cinema) - 9/10

Best Sci Fi I've seen in years. Totally awesome.

Last Sci Fi I saw was Prometheus, which was pants. So I'm not just an avid Sci Fi nut.

P.S. Tom Cruise is 50 now, he still looks younger than me and he's 17 years older! Plus he's still buff. How the hell does he do it? :p

See I Really liked prometheus (probably because I thought it tied the alien franchise in nicely) ... and I do rate it high then oblivion.

Haunting in Connecticut 2.
2/10 (for effort)

Terrible movie which failed to scare me even a bit.

Most of it is filmed in pitch black darkness, so you struggle to see a lot of what is going on, on-screen. Lots of shadowy figures are littered throughout the movie, which are supposed to be scary, but aren't.

I did manage to sit through the whole movie though, which is why I gave it 2/10 and not lower.

DO NOT watch this movie.

Gangster Squad
Some questionable performances from supporting cast but the main cast were superb, Emma Stone was damn fine as always and the brutality right from the start was top notch.
7.5/10

The Last Stand
Excellent to see Arnie back on screen and kicking ass. Film contains quite a bit of gore and gunfire as well as some satisfying scenes for petrolheads although I did question the performance of the Camaro SS...
7/10

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom