What film did you watch last night?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Saw two really weird (but not bad) films the past few days.

Maniac
Really brutal hands over your mouth kind of gore. Filmed in the first person starring Elija Wood. It was fascinating as I've not seen a horror/serial killer film like this before.

Only God forgives
Ryan Gosling says very little but stares at things very much in this movie. It's the kind of film you do have to engage your brain for. Supreme camera work and use of colour as well as an interesting musical score.

The brass teapot
I watched half and skipped forward through the rest. It was interesting in parts but really the only thing that kept me watching was Juno temple, love her voice... among other things.

Soldato
Pacific Rim - 8.5/10

The best of the spring/summer blockbusters by far.

Big, loud, brash, funny characters, plasma cannons and CHAIN SWORD!!!

Beyond Awesome!

Associate
Monsters University & Despicable Me 2 - 7/10: Enjoyable but enjoyed the originals more.

Pacific Rim - 8/10 i really enjoyed it but some plot holes that niggled me afterwards, would watch it again for sure

Margin Call - 9/10: This is an incredible film that I'm surprised have a bigger following, its on sky movies right now I compel you all to go and watch it

Soldato
Shutter Island 9.5/10

I can't believe i'd never seen it before. I was engaged from start to finish. I thought i'd worked it out at one poitn but it changed so rapidly i never had time to settle my thoughts.. Great twist at the end, though it could have been more dramatic or had a 'double twist'..

Loved it..

Soldato
Watched Now you see me last night. Was looking forward to it and really wanted to enjoy it but it tried to hard to be cleaver than it was. Twist is good but can be worked out, too many big holes left by the ending, and some of the magic tricks were just silly. I guess it was entertaining though.
6/10 from me.

Soldato
Mud (2012)

GnKMfjL.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1935179/reference

Two young boys encounter a fugitive and form a pact to help him evade the bounty hunters on his trail and to reunite him with his true love

I am hoping that this movie gets recognized as the outstanding piece of film that it is. It is gorgeous to watch, and the locations feel far, far away from a Hollywood studio.
But this is not just a pretty "art" film; it has an outstanding story that will grip you from start to finish.

Highly recommended 8.6/10

Caporegime
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox Movie

Another great animated film, seriously these animated super hero films are amazing :cool:

Liked this one a lot as it had a much darker take on all the DC heroes all because of one event being changed, was weird seeing the good guys killing in quite a gruesome manner :D

8/10

Caporegime
Phone Booth - 6-7/10

One thing I dislike is the ending. How on earth did the caller know that he had been given morphine or some other form of painkiller and that he couldn't shout for help? Very risky walking up to him at the ambulance with his rifle in its case.

Soldato
THE PHOENIX PROJECT (Kickstarter project - Digital Screener) 8.5/10

Thoroughly enjoyed THE PHOENIX PROJECT, A solid indie title that should go far.
Excellent work all round, the musical score really accentuates the emotions, acting is good if unfortunately a little flat in a few spots.
Camera work is great with lots of dolly pans and bucket loads of careful framing, Set work is spot on and very believable in its own context much like the hardware in PI or PRIMER.
Dare I say it, but this film has "Cult Classic" written all over it.
Well done to all at The Ironwood Gang, you did it! :)

Soldato
Django Unchained 9/10

Loved every minute of it, brilliant spaghetti western! jamie foxx steals the show.

10/10 for the soundtrack though it was perfect :cool:

Back
Top Bottom