What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Haywire - 3/10

There are so many odd problems with this.

The directing isn't fantastic in itself, although not bad. The storyline is possibly the best part.

The cast seems to be reasonably good, but the lead character, is played by Gina Carano, who frankly is awful. They've got an MMA fighter in as a debut, which doesn't really work. I'm sure they brought her in to have good fighting, but actually the fighting looks a bit overworked. For someone supposed to be a superspy her fighting seems over acted. What's more, being an acting debut, her entire acting is very flat. It lacks emotion, and her voice is unbelievably monotone, it's highly frustrating.

kd

Man of Honour
Savages

Three-time Oscar-winning filmmaker Oliver Stone brings to life this ferocious, sexy epic. In a glittering California beach town, two best friends' innovative marijuana business has come to the attention of the ruthless Mexican Baja Cartel. As a seemingly unwinnable war unfolds around them, they're forced to take part in a savage battle of wills to save the girl they both love. Starring Taylor Kitsch, Blake Lively, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, John Travolta, Benicio del Toro and Salma Hayek.

7/10
Really enjoyed it, wasn't expecting anything, just watched it on sky after never hearing of it.

Caporegime
evil dead - pretty enjoyable and a pretty good horror film. Gore scenes were great and the camera work impressed me quite a bit. Would watch again! 7/10

G.I. Joe: Retaliation - loved it! :o Thought it was a lot better than the first one. Good action scenes, some great one liners and Dwayne is awesome as usual! :p That cobra leader guy is extremely annoying though and he didn't really have an important role in this film despite being the "leader" not to mention he did nothing other than a few terrible lines, so it loses one point for that! 6/10

fast and furious 6 - loved it! Not as good as the previous one though. Great cast, great lines and stupid ott action scenes, what more could ask for? :p Decent enough plot too despite having quite a few plot holes :p 7/10

the rock - 9/10 Don't need to say anything else as it is that awesome! :p :cool:

Caporegime
'Barbie - A Perfect Christmas' was a fun way to spend an hour or so with my wife and daughter last night.

I then watched 'Excision' which is more of a drama than a horror film and then the last 5 minutes happen :eek: Holy crapballs.

Soldato
Only God Forgives.

Going to give this film a 0/10, it is by far the most worst film I have ever seen in my life.

Those are pretty strong words.
I haven't seen this movie and based on feedback I won't.
They using the tagline "from the makers of Drive", to sell this movie, so they trying to appeal to those who liked the movie, Drive.

Soldato
Epic movie double bill...

Inception...watched it a few times before, today for some reason it really stood out more than ever as an amazing piece of film making, 9/10, my favorite Nolan movie.

Sunshine...9.9/10, it's as perfect as a movie can get for me, I know many will disagree but based purely on visuals and music alone it gets almost a 10 score, the only thing that lets it down is Mark Strong and blurry cam at the end.

Soldato
G.I. Joe: Retaliation - loved it! :o Thought it was a lot better than the first one. Good action scenes, some great one liners and Dwayne is awesome as usual! :p That cobra leader guy is extremely annoying though and he didn't really have an important role in this film despite being the "leader" not to mention he did nothing other than a few terrible lines, so it loses one point for that! 6/10

I ended up switching this off after half an hour - just couldn't get into it and was finding it boring. . . . :(

fast and furious 6 - loved it! Not as good as the previous one though. Great cast, great lines and stupid ott action scenes, what more could ask for? :p Decent enough plot too despite having quite a few plot holes :p 7/10

Agree with your synopsis here - I was pleasantly surprised with this given how poor some of the previous sequels were :p

the rock - 9/10 Don't need to say anything else as it is that awesome! :p :cool:

Awesome movie - with a fantastic soundtrack too :cool:

Sunshine...9.9/10, it's as perfect as a movie can get for me, I know many will disagree but based purely on visuals and music alone it gets almost a 10 score, the only thing that lets it down is Mark Strong and blurry cam at the end.

See above - again a brilliant film and Mr Zimmerman excels with the music.

On topic:

I recently watched the new Superman movie and am really glad I didn't pay money to see this in the cinema. It seemed to start off not too bad, then lost it's way before coming nothing more than an extra long advert for "look what we can do with CGI effects now" - 4/10

Also re watched Guy Ritchies film Snatch. Such a brilliant film with so many memorable quotes (that I cant post here :p) along with outstanding performances from everyone especially from Alan Ford as Brick Top and Brad Pitt as Mickey - 9/10 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom