What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
The Long Good Friday (1980)

I can see why it was such a highly rated film when it came out. But I don't think it's aged particularly well, especially if it's your first time of watching it. There's some interesting and original camera work, especially during the abattoir scenes and it was fun spotting all the actors that have made appearances in British TV shows and soaps.

6/10

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Twilight Of The Warriors: Walled In - what an amazing movie. One of the best HK movies i have watched in a long time. Was lucky enough to watch this on the big screen as a once off showing and it was brillant. How they have recreated the Kowloon Wall City is both ingenious and incredible capturing the dark, dingy dangerous atmosphere. Cant believe such a heavy populated place ever existed with some appalling conditions. It was a real death trap but this movie captures the unity and community of the residents that stayed there despite the crime, dangers and challenges. What a great cast with solid performances from Raymond Lam, Louis Koo as well as Sammo Hung. Some parts were a extremely fetched but still had some amazing choreography. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 9/10 for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom