What film did you watch last night?

World War Z

I enjoyed it much more than I though I would to be honest.

Solid performance from Brad Pitt but it felt like it all ended a bit quickly. It could have done with being about an hour longer!

7/10

Don't know about the extra hour bit, but I agree with the rest.

For those who think The Rock and Bad boys are good films... have you seen them recently?

Watched The Rock a few months ago. Still enjoyed it as much as the first time.

About Time 9/10

If you liked any of richard curtis previous films (four weddings/notting hill/love actually) then i strongly recommend this although out of the lot this is my new favourite

Great film to go watch with the other half a real "feel good" movie although afterwards it will make you think about your loved ones.

last couple of nights both on Netflix UK

Stakeout

What about Bob?

both excellent films from the late 80s and early 90s really like Richard Dreyfuss in both films as well as Bill Murray in What about Bob.

icon14.gif

The only other film I'd add to your two is Armageddon.

How could I forget that one!?!?!

Love that film too. Awesome cast and extremely enjoyable :cool:

Watched now you see me

Not a bad film overall, really can't stand Jesse though and didn't like any of the other main magicians except the bald headed guy.

7/10

Elizabeth: The Golden Age, was on ITV again last night. It's got a lousy Rotten Tomatoes score, but it's one of those movies I've been "getting around to" watching for ages.

In the end I think they managed to craft a pretty soppy, but involving tale around the loose historical facts, so I had no problem making it to the end. Much of the credit for that has to go to Cate Blanchett, though, for a typically compelling performance. I should know better than to doubt I'll enjoy anything she plays a big part in.

American reunion

Quite simply loved it, I remember as a kid just turned 15 cycling to sainsburys with 10 quid to buy a film, I had not actually heard of american pie I came away with the film and coujld not belive it when I watched it I had never seen a film like it before.

Reunion has it all its not a great thriller film but the story line is fun and there are plenty of laughs. Makes me feel old and sad watching it time goes to fast.

Ross

Ironman three... As its called at the end!

Some bits meh, other bits WTF, and parts of brilliance. Downey Jr is simply superb as Stark.

Prob 6/10 if you go in ready for Hollywood action.

Lol! yeah. I was expecting some big showdown between Downey and Kingsley. Trevor. :D "Oh way, oh way oh way oh way"

The Hobbit, an Unexpected Gathering.

Enjoyed it very much 8/10
Oddly didn't find it slow, as the opening ten minutes as with LOTR set the scene so impressively, telling a marvellous story. Still hate Lucas for fitting less into three films than either LOTR or The Hobbit managed in ten minutes of actual storytelling.

American reunion

Quite simply loved it, I remember as a kid just turned 15 cycling to sainsburys with 10 quid to buy a film, I had not actually heard of american pie I came away with the film and coujld not belive it when I watched it I had never seen a film like it before.

Reunion has it all its not a great thriller film but the story line is fun and there are plenty of laughs. Makes me feel old and sad watching it time goes to fast.

Ross

It was funny. I thought it was the best of them. But some of it still felt stupidly goofy in that 99 way. I always found it so painful to watch any Jim scene.

Back
Top Bottom