What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Michael Bay has made two good films: The Rock and Bad Boys.

He is reasonably capable if he scales back the insane visual OTT nonsense he throws at the screen. He seems to have got progressively worse in that regard. Like someone else said, if he is let loose to do his own thing, it just ends up as a mess. Visual CGI diarrhoea. :p

Soldato
Silent Hill.

Was pleasantly surprised, thought it would be abysmal. Basically a cross between the 1st and 2nd game, well worth a watch if you've played either one or both.

7.5/10.

Man of Honour
House at the end of the street.

Jennifer Lawrence and Elisabeth Shue star in this psychological horror. When divorced mother Sarah (Shue) and her teenage daughter Elissa (Lawrence) move to a new town, they soon learn that their new home is located next door to a house in which a crazed girl bludgeoned her parents to death a few years previously. When Elissa befriends the surviving son of the family, Ryan (Max Thieriot), she discovers that there is more to the story than first meets the eye...

4/10 and it gains 1.5 of those points for it having Jennifer Lawrence in it, who has an awesomely pretty face and a great body. Nothing horror about it and a pretty crap story along with it, as well as one of the most predictable films out there.

Soldato
Die Hard 5 - really well shot I thought and the story was ok enough for a die hard movie. 3 was my fav, I reckon this one was better then 2. overall 5/10

You are of course quite entitled to your opinion ... but ... 5 was awful - the worst by a long chalk .. IMO ;)

Don't be afraid of the dark - 6/10. Not an awful horror film (and definitely better than Die Hard 5 :p), and I liked the little monsters :)

Associate
Intacto (2001)

7 out of 10

movie about luck, fate and gambling with your life. Some great scenarios involving luck as a transferrable commodity. Great scene involving running through forest blindfolded and hands tied behind your back.

The Big Blue ( luc Besson)
8 out of 10

Jacuque ( jean Marc Barr) and Enzo ( Jean Reno) are childhood friends who spent all day diving and swimming. Enzo grows to be the world free diving champion. Enzo has a rivalry with Jacques.
jacque has a biological make up similar to sea mammals...

Great location shots. The free diving scenes are superb, atmospheric. It's got Dolphins!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought The Fifth Element on Blu-Ray the other day. As bonkers and brilliant as I remember it!

I did sigh as Chris Rock appeared on screen for the first time, as I had forgotten he was in it

Caporegime
The Master. Joaquin Phoenix suffers PTSD at the end of WW2, drifts about, gets into trouble and winds up involved in a weird cult type movement run by Phillip Seymour Hoffman, which bears more than a little resemblance to Scientology. Amazing acting by the two leads, but when all is said and done I'm not sure what the story was about or what the point was. Some stuff happens, but it's not clear quite what it's all supposed to mean.

So a mixed bag, really.

Soldato
Riddick - 7.5/10

It's no Pitch Black, but the first half of the film is excellent, up until Riddick says Hi to them all. Then it becomes a bit less good, but still good fun!

Intacto (2001)

7 out of 10

movie about luck, fate and gambling with your life. Some great scenarios involving luck as a transferrable commodity. Great scene involving running through forest blindfolded and hands tied behind your back.

Completely forgot about this film. Only seen it the once, many years ago, but what a film!

8 out of 10

Jacuque ( jean Marc Barr) and Enzo ( Jean Reno) are childhood friends who spent all day diving and swimming. Enzo grows to be the world free diving champion. Enzo has a rivalry with Jacques.

Great location shots. The free diving scenes are superb, atmospheric. It's got Dolphins!!

Awesome, will get this. Big fan of Luc Besson.

ALso going to pickup 'The Hunt' (Jagten) soon, been highly recommended to me.

Soldato
Intacto (2001)

7 out of 10

8 out of 10

If you like intacto try Time Crimes . Another excellent Spanish movie .

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
3096 days - Story about Natascha Kampusch who was kidnapped & held for 3096 days. Was real hard watching it & the only reason I watched it to the end was to see her get away.

I'd have rather read about Natasha than see this film so if you are interested just look her up & have a read.

Back
Top Bottom