What film did you watch last night?

It strange how so many people rate films that Ryan Gosling is in. Just wondering what you thought about Drive?

I loved both of the films, yet I can understand why people would find them boring.

I haven't seen Drive, I'll watch this week and see. I watched Fracture with Ryan Gosling which I thought was good.

Intacto (2001)
The Big Blue ( luc Besson)
8 out of 10

Jacuque ( jean Marc Barr) and Enzo ( Jean Reno) are childhood friends who spent all day diving and swimming. Enzo grows to be the world free diving champion. Enzo has a rivalry with Jacques.
jacque has a biological make up similar to sea mammals...

Great location shots. The free diving scenes are superb, atmospheric. It's got Dolphins!!

You forgot one of the best things in the film - Rosanna Arquette!

World War Z

I enjoyed it much more than I though I would to be honest.

Solid performance from Brad Pitt but it felt like it all ended a bit quickly. It could have done with being about an hour longer!

7/10

Finally watched pain and gain 4/10 - Actors were unsure if it was a dark comedy or a action hiest movie and you end up with the rock playing it for laughs and Marky Mark playing it straight. Combine that with Michael Bays annoying cutting technique and you end up with a pretty meh film.

I don't know about the rest of you but 2013 has been a real year of 'Meh' for me I struggle to think of anything note worthy that wasn't part of the oscar lineup

last couple of nights both on Netflix UK

Stakeout

What about Bob?

both excellent films from the late 80s and early 90s really like Richard Dreyfuss in both films as well as Bill Murray in What about Bob.

Riddick - meh 5/10

Four of us shot off to Cinema last night for Riddick!

The Cinema was almost empty which we originally took as a bad sign but it turns out the film wasn't bad ;) Crazy Guns and Technology plus Killing and Monsters, Oh and some boobies ;)

I was kinda hoping he got to see his home world Furya but oh well :( All in all we liked it but it is not a as good on the other two films in my opinion.

Riddick is definitely a decent action flick with cool gadgets and alien animals. As I mentioned earlier the Cineworld screen at o2 was full up and everything seemed to enjoy it.

Went to watch Riddick in IMAX. As mrk said, its a decent action flick with a few cheesy, cringe worthy lines and CGI

IMAX experience is definitely worth the few extra quid though. 6.5/10 in my opinion

For those who think The Rock and Bad boys are good films... have you seen them recently?

I liked Bad Boys when I watched it as a kid, I haven't actually seen it in probably 15+ years, decided to watch it... it's pretty terrible as yet and I'm only half way through. Martin Lawrence is both not at all funny in any way shape or form and a truly awful actor. He plays basically a retard, he's completely unbelievable as an actor, the captain is awful(in this).

He actually said just now "I sent you to get a witness, not to shoot up a neighbourhood, not to DO another dead body". At the same time playing basketball, being the white guy can't shoot hoops while. While Lawrence does his best impression of a terrible gangster talking like an idiot.

Smith is okay in it, he doesn't overplay it, he actually tries to act to a degree and the timing of some of his one liners is okay. But the dialogue, acting and most of the action is abysmal. It isn't a good film, I thought it was when I was a kid but it's not even a little bit good, it's mostly awful.

The Rock is the same thing, as a kid I loved it, not watched it for 15+ years, see it, it's cringe worthy scene after cringe worthy scene. The car chase is awful, the music and camera work is the same as in transformers. The acting is WAY WAY overdown, so much of the dialogue is laughable and most of the actors/acting is terrible. Cage and Connery play their roles fairly well. The story itself isn't awful but it's pretty painful to watch these days.

To sum up, Bay hasn't done any good films, I would guess people who hate Transformers and anything else he's done in the past 15 years would think pretty poorly of Rock/Bad Boys if they rewatch them today.

It really is classic Bay, there is nothing intelligent or well done in any of the films, all his films are writen for teenagers, young teenagers at that. It's like Bay is an ackward teenager so that is how he has half/most of the lead actors play their roles.

Back
Top Bottom