What film did you watch last night?

Wolf Creek 2... I watched it for a while and turned it off.

The only film I've seen because it was getting too gory was The Last House On The Left (1972)

I endured a rape. Then a killing.

Then when the rapists/killers end up in the parents' home, the parents find out - I had to stop when pliers were being applied to the teeth of one of the killers.

I have no doubt that those who killed their daughter were going to be subjected to some horrific deeds of revenge.

Robocop (new version)

Worst film I have seen in ages. I knew it was not going to be good before I'd even watched it.

Did not realise it would be this bad. What a turd!

Awful film and should never have been made, not in this crappy way anyway.

2/10 (just for some of the effects)

Her - 8/10

Really nice concept and actually played out rather well. Good score which I didn't find out until the end is done by Arcade Fire. Perhaps a bit cliché in some places but it almost feels like it has to be or the film would could end up too bizarre to be liked as a whole piece.

Robocop 2014

3/10

I remember loving the old film so thought i'd give it a shot. Almost turned it off half way through it was so bad.

EDIT: The review titled 'meh' on the front page of the IMDB page sums it up for me. The only thing I would add to that review is that I though the choice of actor to play Murphy was awful.

Last edited:
Indeed. I've heard bad things about Transcendance, which is a shame as I was looking forwards to that.

Pompeii and Godzilla look pretty decent though, to be released soon.

Pompeii is a little thin on story and facts, but it's an ok watch. it is massively let down by Keither Sutherlands acting, he's absolutely terrible. Oh yeah and of course the faithful stead that can outrun 500mph lava/soot for 5 minutes so they can have their last love scene. :rolleyes:

It get's a 5/10 maybe 5.5

Last edited:
Last few days..

Wolf of Wall Street - I thought it was a decent film. Perhaps a little too long (but if you have read the book you'll understand why) , and DiCaprio wouldn't have been my choice for lead actor (I'd have went with Christian Bale), but overall not bad - 8/10

American Hustle - Not a bad way to spend a couple hours, but lacked any real standout moment - 6/10

Wall Street - A personal fav of mine. Must watch it a few times a year. Proper 80s film. The 2nd is a shadow of this - 9/10

Bronx Tale - Tries to tell a moral story, but was a little dry/dull - 6/10

Robocop 2014

3/10

I remember loving the old film so thought i'd give it a shot. Almost turned it off half way through it was so bad.

EDIT: The review titled 'meh' on the front page of the IMDB page sums it up for me. The only thing I would add to that review is that I though the choice of actor to play Murphy was awful.

Watched this the other night.

Dreadful, what a kick in the teeth to the original. Completely missed the point of the original. I also hate movies that have feel they need to over explain everything as if the audience is dumb...

Also the fact they made it a 12a instead of an 18 certificate like the original didn't help. It does seem like it was aimed at kids, probably why they made him look 'tactical'.

I watched the remastered directors cut of the original and its so much better. It was far more graphic than I remembered, but I probably saw it on TV at the time, so some bits will have been cut out. Some dodgy acting by todays standards, but that's to be expected with an 80's film.

Back
Top Bottom