What film did you watch last night?

Equilizer (bleh feels dirty spelling it that way) - I liked it. Plenty of action and well done.
American Sniper - Good, but far too 'America.....**** yeah!. I imagine Americans would hold onto their flag and have a good cry at the end. Perhaps even drive to a war memorial to salute it. Only ever refers to the enemy as savages. Quite cringe worthy.

coming to save the mother ***** world yeah....dont think it lived up to hype either wouldnt recommend american sniper.

Kingsman was like james bond meets lock stock meets fear and loathing in las vegas....
only reason why it wouldnt get 0/10 was because it was self deprecating and bizarro...(5/10)

American sniper.

Decent film but I feel it's a bit overrated. 6.5/10.

It portrayed the dudes life pretty well and showed how hard it is for soldiers to adjust back into normal life, but as a film goes it was dull in a lot of places.

WWZ was vastly inferior to the book it was based on, and also vastly inferior to numerous other zombie films. 28 Days Later is better by a country mile.

In all honesty they have used so little of the book and changed things so much that it almost made no sense to go with that franchise.

Re-watched it last night actually as it's on Netflix now and basically turned it off after the plane crash as it just turned boring then. You can see that pretty much entire part of that film has been a re-shot and storyline changed as was rumoured during the shoot. Still it's not a bad film up until that point and certainly entertaining, glad to see they've confirmed the second one for summer 2017.

Alien 3 (Assembly Cut) - 7/10

First time seeing this version. It's really not a bad film. Obviously a fair drop off in quality compared to the first two, but it still ticks most of the boxes for a good Alien film.

Alien 3 (Assembly Cut) - 7/10

First time seeing this version. It's really not a bad film. Obviously a fair drop off in quality compared to the first two, but it still ticks most of the boxes for a good Alien film.

It's a disgrace to the first two imo and should never of been made.

John Wick - 7/10

I do enjoy a revenge/hitman film and it worked good for me, enjoyed it, and Keanu's subdued emotions worked well, good person for the role I thought.

Whoah! I mentioned I started watching A Hard Day the other day and the first 30mmins were fist clencing. The entire film is just that. It always makes you ask "what happens now?!" right through to the credits.

Most definitely one of the few films I've enjoyed from start to finish and I fish I had seen it in one sitting rather than pause and return a day later due to other commitments.

9/10 easy.

Today I watched Confession Of A Murder. A fair contrast to Hard day, though both stories revolve around police vs murder vs antics surrounding them, CoaM focuses on dark comedy and satire to deliver the goods and it really reminds me a of Death Note in many ways.

American sniper.

Decent film but I feel it's a bit overrated. 6.5/10.

It portrayed the dudes life pretty well and showed how hard it is for soldiers to adjust back into normal life, but as a film goes it was dull in a lot of places.

Real life can be dull… in a lot of places.

Switchblade Romance - 8/10.

Just watched this, and think it's definitely one of the best horror films i've seen! Pleasantly (gruesomely?) surprised!

Not so sure about the ending though, seems as though it's a love/hate relationship with that part of it after having poked around on the internet.

Surprised by the Rotten Tomatoes rating too.

Last edited:
Real life can be dull… in a lot of places.

I'm reminded of Jarhead, which was spectacularly dull in places, but which was all about how his life on the frontline was dull and he never got to perform his function there. It's a bit hard to separate whether it was a bad film because it was dull or a good film because it was accurately portraying something dull.

I'm reminded of Jarhead, which was spectacularly dull in places, but which was all about how his life on the frontline was dull and he never got to perform his function there. It's a bit hard to separate whether it was a bad film because it was dull or a good film because it was accurately portraying something dull.

I'm firmly of the opinion that films that are boring are bad films lol. I don't watch a film to be bored for the sake of understanding that sometimes life is boring. Both of the aforementioned films were OK though and not particularly boring. Mr Turner on the other hand....

Back
Top Bottom