What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Before Midnight - maybe more realistic third film in the series of the boy meets girl films with nine year gaps. I watched the three over three weeks and really enjoyed them. It is an amazing achievement, watching the characters age over the 18 years since the first film. Wonder if there will be another? 4/5

Associate
Headless (2015) 6/10

This film will not be everyone's cup of tea. But if you like underground extreme horror cinema then give this indie film a go.

It was a kickstarter funded film on the back of 2012's Found (a great disturbing indie movie) which had the main actor in the film watching a VHS of Headless. The interest in the film in a film led to the kickstarter.

I believe it only cost $10k to make (and hell yeah it looks like it in places) but the subject matter and some of the sequences are so degenerate and messed up that its something that it hard not to view IMO.

I would not say that I enjoyed it, you cannot enjoy a film like this, but from a certain perspective I did like it.

This is not one to watch with the gf or wife.

IMDB it or research it before you go ahead to try and watch it.

One weird film and I 've watched "A Serbian Film"

Man of Honour
'71 - 7/10

Really enjoyed it and it was super tense. A period of "British" history that I don't know much about so it was fairly eye-opening.

I enjoyed that too although it was a bit predictable.

We watched "Kingsmen" last night which was very enjoyable, it felt very like one of the older Bond films at times, mixed a bit with Hot Fuzz.

I'd give it an easy 7/10.

I loved this film a lot. Right from the opening scene with Dire Straits blasting out I knew I'd like it. And "that" fight scene. Oh that fight scene :)

Soldato
Kajaki (2014) 9/10

I watched this purely on the strength of a couple of recommendations on this thread. What a powerful movie.

I must admit I struggled with some of the 'military lingo', but the scenario that these guys found themselves in was beyond a nightmare. Powerful stuff.

Caporegime
Turist. If Muslims are such nice people, why don't we ever see them skiing? This movies does nothing to answer that question, even though the title suggests otherwise. On with the plot...!

In the wake of an unexpected avalanche incident, a Swedish couple starts to question the legitimacy of the heteronormative paradigm brutally thrust upon us by a phallocentric patriarchal hegemony. Meanwhile, their friends explore the power dynamic of intergenerational relationships.

This is a traditional Scandinavian drama with all the usual elements. Johannes H. Moustos and Ekaterina Ilina deliver standout performances. I was less impressed by Michael J. J. M. Breitenberger.

6.5/10.

Caporegime
Minions - 2/10

Utter, utter crap. Did not laugh. Did not finish, either.

Actually emailed BlinkBox and asked for a refund.

For the record, I liked Despicable Me. The minions just aren't funny, I'm afraid. How does saying the word "banana" over and over, in a stupid accent, pass for a joke?

Caporegime
Minions - 2/10

Utter, utter crap. Did not laugh. Did not finish, either.

Actually emailed BlinkBox and asked for a refund.

For the record, I liked Despicable Me. The minions just aren't funny, I'm afraid. How does saying the word "banana" over and over, in a stupid accent, pass for a joke?

They are funny, they just aren't funny enough to make a film solely about them work.

Soldato
Tucker and Dale vs Evil - 10/10

Again :p this film cracks me up every time i watch it. absolutely hilarious. if you haven't seen it you need to :D such a very underrated movie. i caught it on netflix, but would have been more than happy to pay to see it :D

Back
Top Bottom