What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Still good, still don't get the massive hype though. Its also hillarious to watch it with the criticisms people have flung at The Force Awakens fresh in my mind... :rolleyes:

6/10

V F

V F

Soldato
Whiplash - intense drama about a selfish young drummer learning from an outrageously awful band leader. Was gripping and interesting while easy to distance yourself from as both characters were pretty nasty. Came together well though. 4/5

Shame the way how he treated/made his girlfriend feel.

The Matrix on Sky movies.

When it came out i was about 15 and never really understood it nor cared much for it.

Watching it today I thought it was rather epic!

Was good times back then for movies. I remember being so obsessed with the story. Scary thinking how it was 1999.

Associate
I watched The Revenant last night.

I thought it was excellent. The first and third acts were awesome, the second I found dragged a little. But jesus, the cinematography was incredible. Leo's performance was good, not sure if Oscar-worthy, I loved the very last shot. Tom Hardy was fantastic too.

I'm not one for bluray extras but I'd be very interested in a 'making of' if it were included.

Soldato
Children of men.

Seen it before, but to be honest in light of current events in the world, found it hard to shake that feeling of the undertones of the film.

A harder watch now, though recommended as a must.

Soldato
Room

Went into this not knowing anything about it, so spent the first bit wondering if it was some kind of ruined world sci-fi thing lol.

Fantastic performances all round - especially from the kid.

The way it was filmed generally from the child's perspective was also very clever and very well done.

Though
I'm not sure what the hermaphrodite part had to do with anything, or where they were going with it.
I did spend the majority of the film thinking he was a girl and wondering why he was referred to as a boy called Jack until the doctor mentioned the plasticity thing.
Perhaps it's something that's given more time in the book.

Oh, and who's ever had a tooth gone bad that just comes out intact, root and all?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom