What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
the door, is quite an important part, you know it's how the ending all unravels and is one of the many reasons he knows the owner is dead and they are all playing him. it even explains that to you towards the end.

I understand how the door got damaged and I also understand it was one of the factors that helped him realised the people were dead. But what I meant by "Tarantinoisms" was the constant reference to the door and having to put 2 pieces of wood to hold it shut, along with the way it was repeated several times just irritated me like someone poking me saying.. "oooh you see that, the door is going to have something to do with it" over and over again.

Soldato
The Revenant - Clearly made for the Oscars/Reviews with its drawn out shots and lingering close ups. Felt it could be a whole lot shorter, great cast and good story mind. Cant really fault it mind but also don't really find it worthy of the following its currently enjoying.

Probably need to watch it again when it gets its bluray release.

Caporegime
Think i would have prefered to see him walk past the window.

I was looking out the window for him...might have to watch the ending again. I thought I saw someone cross the road in the background. Having said maybe he did walk past the window after the credits rolled. Its up to you...We don't always need closure....

Soldato
Watched Interstellar for the 2nd time - it's probably the best film I have ever watched. The visuals and sound environments are stunning.

Soldato
Straight Outta Compton

NWA emerges from the mean streets of Compton in Los Angeles, California, in the mid-1980s and revolutionizes Hip Hop culture with their music and tales about life in the hood. Very good film with a dope soundtrack.

Soldato
Whiplash - intense drama about a selfish young drummer learning from an outrageously awful band leader. Was gripping and interesting while easy to distance yourself from as both characters were pretty nasty. Came together well though. 4/5

Associate
Left Behind (2014) - 2/10

9zq7sw.jpg

I've fascinated by the Rapture since I saw the 1991 film The Rapture, it's such an interesting story and how it'd actually play out would be perfect for TV and movies. That being said it doesn't seem to have been used much and this film is absolutely terrible. It's like a really bad old fashioned TV movie. They don't seem to have taken the story seriously at all, the acting is atrocious although I don't think the actors had that much to work with either. Don't bother with this one.

Soldato
The Big Short 8/10.

Really enjoyed this, even if my gf did fall asleep half way through. It's a really good black comedy which I found intelligently funny, not the usual American crap not-funny. I even liked Steve carrell in it, and that's saying something. It's not really a comedy, its a grim political statement about how appallingly the banks behaved just prior to the crash of 2007, but its darkly hilarious!

Plus, it had Margot Robbie in a bath explaining subprime mortgages....

Associate
Creed - 9/10

I really enjoyed the story line of this, the 'action' scenes were to be honest really good and realistic. Generally fighting films I seem to see things like fake looking fights but this one worked well.

Back
Top Bottom