What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
Meru

Good film about how climbers cope with loss but can't give up their dreams, it follows 3 climbers and their attempt to climb meru. Unlike Everest, this is one of the hardest climbs which is only self supported.
8/10

Caporegime
Godzilla (2014). Mind bogglingly dull. It took me three sittings to get through it - the first time I got bored and the second time I fell asleep. Also ludicrously dark. Like are you having a laugh dark. For about half the film it's impossible to make out what is going on. You can hear a fight but you can't see it. Also whoever the scored the film was on drugs. The score is so over the top.

Tripe. Give me Pacific Rim any day.

Caporegime
I watched meet Joe black with my gf, film 7/10 great film to watch with a partner IMO.
Its about brad Pitt playing death and wanting to experience what it's like to experience the world as a human.
Its basically a romantic movie.

When the credits came on at the end and the "over the rainbow" song came on my gf started to sing the lyrics and ot brought a tear to my eye knowing I had made her happy <3

Caporegime
Pacific Rim was great. It knew it was a bit silly and it ran with it. Also, crucially, you could see what was happening, which is something I look for in film as a fundamentally visual experience.

Soldato
Pacific Rim was great. It knew it was a bit silly and it ran with it. Also, crucially, you could see what was happening, which is something I look for in film as a fundamentally visual experience.

Yup, PR was superb. I'm not generally a fan of modern action films, but this one was great.

Spot on about being able to see what was happening - a symptom (I suspect) of action films all being 12A, rather than 18 as for Die Hard, Terminator etc, is that fight scenes have to be edited to cut out much of the actual fighting. I suppose using robots means that you can get away with a bit more violence. Or, possibly, it was just made by people who understand how to make action scenes.

Dat sword tho' :D

Back
Top Bottom