What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Seven Psychopaths - 5/10.

Didn't enjoy this all that much. Found Sam Rockwell's character irritating and fell asleep at one point, though the car exploding scene woke me up :p

Soldato
The man from uncle.

Couldn't get in to it at all, normally a big fan of Guy Richie's directorial.

Seemed to be too much style over substance, the style being not all that great, couldn't connect to the characters or the plot.

Strange how it rates quite highly, been looking forward to watching it for a while.

Odd.

Caporegime
The man from uncle.

Seemed to be too much style over substance, the style being not all that great, couldn't connect to the characters or the plot.

Strange how it rates quite highly, been looking forward to watching it for a while.

Odd.

Agree the film lacked a story and decent characters...I was bored.

Soldato
The man from uncle.

Odd.

Thought exactly the same to be honest, the only word I could use is loveless.

Caporegime
Testament of Youth

What stood out in this movie is Alicia Vikander's performance. She is in practically every scene and in every scene her torment of despair and suffering and sadness comes through. I didn't really care about all the other characters but what she went through really hits you and you suffer with her in her journey.

8/10

Along with Ex Machina, The Danish Girl, her role in Anna Karenina, I think she is going to go very very far in this business and an Oscar won't be far away.

Associate
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Passed on this when it first came out and just took an opportunity to watch it.

Quality film really enjoyed it 8.5/10

Super storyline and cast: Oldman ,Hardy, Cumberbatch, Firth

Particularly rated the 70's period feel to this film which was delivered to a tee.

Soldato
The man from uncle.

Odd.

I quite liked it. Although at times it did leave me wanting a Stella Artois, and I don't even drink Stella.

Soldato
The man from uncle.

Odd.

I tried to watch it too, got so bored that I didn't finish it. I didn't give a damn about any of the characters.

Agree the film lacked a story and decent characters...I was bored.

We agree on a film!! :p :D It's a miracle!!

Associate
Just watched "The Woodsman" and I thought Kevin Bacon was immense in what could have been a career killing role. A terrible subject dealt with in such a way you felt sorry for Walter,you really want him to turn his life around.

Caporegime
Just watched "The Woodsman" and I thought Kevin Bacon was immense in what could have been a career killing role. A terrible subject dealt with in such a way you felt sorry for Walter,you really want him to turn his life around.

His girlfriend in the movie is his wife. :)

Associate
why is everyone watching the woodsman all of a sudden? Is it on netflix?

I use this thread as a guide to whats worth watching and whats not. I don't always agree with posters recommendations but on the whole most are fairly accurate.
i saw the post re "The Woodsman" and that was it..

Caporegime

I use this thread as a guide to whats worth watching and whats not. I don't always agree with posters recommendations but on the whole most are fairly accurate.
i saw the post re "The Woodsman" and that was it..

Yeah...I'm just a bit off with the subject matter...

Rooting for a pedophile ? Not interested.

I'm sure its Brave and brilliant and Bacon is great...But he was a convicted child offender and served 12 years... **** him.

Was it the Directors intention to manipulate? probably...Does it skim over what he did? Probably?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah...I'm just a bit off with the subject matter...

Rooting for a pedophile ? Not interested.

I'm sure its Brave and brilliant and Bacon is great...But he was a convicted child offender and served 12 years... **** him.

Was it the Directors intention to manipulate? probably...Does it skim over what he did? Probably?

Movies have been made about many awful things, doesn't mean they can't be good movies, and it doesn't mean that you are not able to sympathise with someone, no matter their history, if a story is well told.

You are hardly the only one who hates paedophilia, but that doesn't mean this can't be a worthwhile tale.

Soldato
True Grit

As remakes go this is a good one. I found Hailee Steinfeld's performance to be very accomplished given her age.

Also +1 here for The Woodsman. Excellent film.

Soldato
John Carter

9.5/10

Mainly because of my new found love Lynn Collins. If I'd have seen it cinema would have been even better, amazing effects, storyline, setting, acting and sound.

Back
Top Bottom