What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Buried, Ryan Reynolds film. A solid 8/10, quite gripping and some 'edge of seat' moments. Same sort of thing as 'Locke' with 1 actor only ever being shown and the rest of the movie is made up of phone calls pertaining to that characters circumstance.

A worthy watch.

Soldato
Lo and Behold: Reveries of the Connected World.

Was pleasantly surprised to see this available on my flight back from Beijing yesterday. Werner Herzog is clearly a bit of a luddite, and turns the movie into a rather sombre affair, but still well worth a watch.

Man of Honour
Rogue One.

What a brilliant movie. K-2SO was my favourite, and I imagine that's what Jarvis from iron Man would be like if he had an actual sense of humour :p

I was the droid figure for my desk now lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Buried, Ryan Reynolds film. A solid 8/10, quite gripping and some 'edge of seat' moments. Same sort of thing as 'Locke' with 1 actor only ever being shown and the rest of the movie is made up of phone calls pertaining to that characters circumstance.

A worthy watch.

I've been wanting to watch this, but the claustrophobic in me is telling me nooooooo :p

Soldato
Seen a few films this holiday.

Rogue 1. Very enjoyable, great to see a story from the sw universe, gritty and nicely shot. Only shame was the way that most of the characters didn't really get a chance to develop. 9/10

Passenger. Really good imho, liked the premise and the way the plot developed. 8/10

Pete's Dragon. Sat down with the whole family for this one,age 11-50. We all enjoyed it. pretty scary in places for the youngest and you knew where the plot was going but we all stayed on the whole film. 7.5/10

Associate
Magnificent 7

I like a good western and I found this to be good but not great. A lot better than the 1960 version which I found to be nothing more than a vehicle for the stars. This one had a bit more to it and the direction and cinematography were excellent!

Unfortunately all westerns will be compared to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, one of the greatest movies ever made, IMO!

6/10

Man of Honour
Lights Out

An alright film as far as modern horror films go, pretty cool concept. Was made after the success of a short film on youtube. My problem with modern horror films is always the ending and unfortunately this is guilty of it as well. Still was ok to watch

6/10

Ouija: Origin Of Evil

Yeah...avoid. Pants film that seems to go nowhere for ages then just suddenly seems to lose the plot. Rubbish

3/10

Associate
Assassin's Creed (2017) - 7/10

Overall, a rather good and much better than expected action film, especially for fans of the video games.

Far too heavy on the lore and the modern day setting, but the film is very stylish and artistic throughout.

The character’s and their personalities are very underdeveloped and although the plot is relatively simple, it tries to fit too much in, glossing over the ending almost entirely.

The action scenes are fast paced and exciting to watch, especially in historical Spain, and faithfully cover a lot of elements from the source material.

One film I would very much like to see a sequel to.

Soldato
Blair witch 2016 utter utter ****e not even one good scene it needs deleting from every format of media it's on so people don't waste the 1hr 29min I did

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom