What film did you watch last night?

Associate
The last few films I have watched are The Firm (the Alan Clarke original with Gary Oldman), awesome film and I can't believe they are remaking it (although I will probably watch it anyway). Awaydays, which was pretty good, a different take on the football firm genre of film.

I also watched Withnail and I last week, superb film, it is now possibly my favourite film of all time, just brilliant. 'We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now'.

And finally, Jacob's Ladder which was very weird, although an excellent film.

Soldato
I watched A Room for Romeo Brass, one of Shane Meadows' earlier films. Pretty good, excellent performance from Paddy Considine (he was awesome in Dead Man's Shoes too.)

Soldato
Watched X Files I want to believe on Sky Premier HD yesterday. Big X Files fan but never got round to watching it at the cinema, especially after seeing the reviews. It was basically a monster of the week stand alone episode with actually less story than would normally have been in a standard 45 minutes TV episode. Pretty poor, though at least you got an X Files fix of sorts.

Soldato
The Matrix on bluray. Because I just got a PS3 and wanted to see something in HD.

I didn't really watch it all though as I was doing other stuff too. Still, it looked good!

Associate
Watched the Beat Goes On: Sonny and Cher story - dodgy TV movie that I saw ages ago but surprisingly good and enjoyed it for the second time.

The night before I watched Amelie which I've been meaning to see for ages but I was massively disappointed. I like weird and quirky films but this one just didn't click with me, was ok and had some good bits but nothing special.

Associate
Watched Schindler's List the other night for the first time. Was very good!

And the night before that it was Final Fantasy Advent Children on Bluray, which looked very impressive.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
The BodyGaurd.
**** off I don't care what you think it's one of my favourite films & it was on telly so i kicked back & watched the lovely Whitney (Man I Love her so badly :o + :p)

I'LL SAVE YOU WHITNEY !!! :D

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Not strictly last night as I watched an hour on Monday night and finished it off last night, but watched The Lives of Others.

Saw the trailer while watching "Flood" and thought it looked interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lives_of_Others

Really quite an amazing film and just further highlights that you don't need an English speaking action film to get some enjoyment.

Would definately recommend this to everyone who wants to sample something a little different.

Associate
I watched the omen the remake... It was terrible. I nearly fell asleep a couple times during it! And before that i watched i love you, man. I normally don't like comedy films but thought it was really good, had me laughing a fair few times aswell.

Back
Top Bottom