What film did you watch last night?

Don
Nice idea for a thread, mini reviews of hugely random film titles :)

Went to see The Final Destination 3d (4th film) in the cinema, I went in knowing what to expect, in your face, over the top, unrealistic series of events. Was entertaining, and I'm glad I watched it.

Wouldn't really care if I never saw it again though :)

The 3d effects were fairly good, and nice to see more films using it

6/10

Soldato
I watched Sympathy for Mr Vengeance and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, because somebody told me they were the prequel and sequel to Oldboy (Is this true?).

They just didn't compare at ALL to Oldboy. Pity really. Interesting Films nonetheless.

Nate

Edit:- next on the list is "Sonatine"

Last edited:
Soldato
Today I watched

Strangers
Leon

Leon is incredible, strangers was a pretty good horror film I guess.

Tomorrow I'll be watching the Haunting in Connecticut.

Man of Honour
Fast & Furious.

First film I've watched for a few months, nothing special but it reminded me that I really ought to watch more movies rather than just faffing about on the internet.

Soldato
Not quite last night, but I watched The American President on Monday. It is certainly one of the more entertaining films I've watched recently and imo has a great cast, although I kept getting confused that Martin Sheen wasn't the president ;).

I've been recording a lot of films recently, I go through the listings every week and pick films with interesting names or silly descriptions.

For those who have watched the new X Files movie lately, is it better to watch the whole series first or is the movie totally separate? I've been watching the series with my boyfriend but we're only on season 2 at the moment and can't decide if it's worth recording the movie while it's showing on Premier.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's totally separate (and rubbish), the previous film (can't remember the exact name, could be something like "I Want To Believe") does actually fit into the series story line though. You can find info on the net as to where exactly it fits in. I also found recently a list which was just the storyline episodes from each series, cutting out the filler, I think I will be following it when I get round to my yearly re-watching of X-Files (one of the best TV series ever made, undoubtedly).

Soldato
Today I saw The Haunting in Connecticut, by far the best horror film I've seen since The Ring in 2004. Brilliant acting and a horror film with an actual plot!

Also watched The Mist, was nowhere near as good as Shawshank or The Green Mile but it was worth a watch.

Back
Top Bottom