What film did you watch last night?

Land Of Mine - Extraordinary Danish movie. Great acting, tense drama and beautiful camera work. 9/10

"A young group of German POWs are made the enemy of a nation, where they are now forced to dig up 2 million land-mines with their bare hands".

Moonlight probably deserves Best Picture, it has better performances, more original story, screen play than La La Land, I still think La La Land will win due to it is a subject every hollywood person can relate to.

I bet for a moment you were like YESSS!!! La La Land and then ended up disappointed that the award got retracted and Moonlight got it.

Arrival. 8/10.

Very good film. Definitely not your average alien sci-fi flick. Much more intelligent, well crafted and far more emotional than other Alien films. Tugs at the heartstrings, both with the aliens and Banks' story.

The Hateful Eight

Still my favourite Tarantino movie since Jackie Brown. Feels like Tarantino just said '**** it', vomited a load of ideas onto a page and decided to film it.

Yeah it's overly long and bloated with dialogue but I absolutely love it. Pure joyous filmmaking. Plus, it looks absolutely incredible!

Personally I found this a ridiculously poor film. Pretty distasteful in it's hypocrisy as well..

Fantastic beasts and where to find them - 8/10

Really really enjoyed this. It's got an actor fast becoming someone who I'll watch a film for the sake of him being in it. The CGI was all fantastically well done. It had an excellent "charm" to it all.

Captain Philips 6/10

Thought it was just going through the motions the whole film. For the last 10-15 minutes though Tom Hanks was brilliant and this saved the movie for me.

A cure for wellness. 8/10

Wasn't expecting much. Enjoyed it enough for a hefty 2h 30m ish film.

However I do feel it jumped the shark towards the end and big reveals I had already worked out 10s after meeting the characters.

A good looking film but some of the plot holes are nonsensical when discussed.

Still strangely enjoyable

Cure for Wellness

Saw this tonight. It's long, a bit too long, I kept looking my watch the 2nd half off the movie.

But overall it is interesting, it is original, it is a good film. The movie also look amazing, great location, great sets, great cinematography.

I'd give it a but lower, 6/5/10.

It would be better if cut a little tighter.

Jack Reacher 2.

Erm, yeah. Very much by the numbers, not really as good as the first one. Cruise is really starting to get on a bit to be doing action movies. The obligatory "angsty" teen had to feature with a somewhat unresolved
paternity hiatus. Was he the father or not? Could be at the end scene in the restaurant he had already agreed with the mother she would ignore him, so as not to complicate matters, or maybe she didn't recognise him. But do we really care?!

Bought the 4K and wished we had stuck with the Blu-ray. Little use of HDR and picture quite grainy.

5/10.

I'd like to watch the boxset some time, what's the best versions to watch?

Theatrical or Directors cut?

Director's. Has some extra scenes which actually fit well, but presumably were cut to lower the theatrical running time.

For instance, the autoguns in the tunnel scene, and the explanation of why Ripley feels so protective of Newt ie, she had a daughter about the same age when she got stuck in Nostromo's escape pod for 60 years.

Back
Top Bottom