What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Screamers

Excellent. Not seen since the 90s but as good as I remembered. It feels more 'science fiction' than 'sci-fi' thanks to its Philip K D!ck short story roots. I found it dense with ideas and back story compared to larger budget films.

8/10

Soldato
Screamers is a great film the first time you watch it.

The Mexican. One film I always wanted to watch, and finally did. Wasn't sold on all of it, some bits dragged, others were entertaining. Ultimately I wasn't sure what it was.

Good to see Julia Roberts in a film, hadn't done in a while.

Caporegime
The Mexican. One film I always wanted to watch, and finally did. Wasn't sold on all of it, some bits dragged, others were entertaining. Ultimately I wasn't sure what it was.

Good to see Julia Roberts in a film, hadn't done in a while.
I've not seen that in forever. It is patchy and inconsistent, but it's watchable.

Soldato
Tomorrowland. 7.5/10

I was expecting this to be terrible based on reviews, but I actually really enjoyed it. I thought it wrapped up a bit quickly though and can see why people might hate it.

It was brilliant until they landed in Tomorrowland on the Rocket. It could have been so much more, it lost a bit of it's magic for me then. I did feel a bit when Athena died :( And I thought the very last scene was good, with sending out the new recruiters.

Caporegime
Haven't watched as many films over the course of a day as this for ages. I saw Hostel 3; I Spit On Your Grave (1 - 3).

All very gory, graphic, and highly convoluted as expected, but 'enjoyable' viewing nonetheless. The 'Grave' series of films were quite brutal actually.

Truly satisfying to see the lass dish out her own form of punishment to the attackers in the 'I Spit On Your Grave' films.

Caporegime
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 in 4DX

Missed the mark totally for me...I was bored.

There was just no plot! And it was too long, It dragged at the end and the original vibe of the original was lost.

The 3D was good though

4/10

Soldato
"The Wave" on Amazon Prime. This is a Norwegian film about an 80m tsunami that sweeps up a fjord after a mountain rockslide. Someone else recommended it earlier in the thread so |I thought I'd give it a go. As it's subtitled you have to keep watching so i was quickly fully engaged. The fact that the actors are all 'normal' looking people helped sell the realism of it all. I enjoyed it.7/10

Soldato
We had our 10 year old neice to stay over the weekend so fitted in a couple of films.

Boss Baby - 6.5/10
What you'd expect really, normal story of good vs bad with a bit of a moral tale, few good one liners for the adults that the kids wouldn't get & it passed 90 mins.

Beauty & the Beast - 7/10
Not a fan of musicals but even I have to admit this was well done. Quite a long film considering at 2 hours 10 mins but didn't drag.

Normal service resumes Friday when I go to see Alien Covenant at the Imax :D

Last edited:
Associate
Watched Oliver Stone's Snowden. I'd give it a 7/10 although after googling the facts it seems that a high proportion was probably invented for narrative purposes.

Soldato
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 in 4DX

Missed the mark totally for me...I was bored.

There was just no plot! And it was too long, It dragged at the end and the original vibe of the original was lost.

The 3D was good though

4/10

I'd agree on the score, didn't like it at all but felt there was a plot - it just didn't engage me enough to care. It felt contrived and forced. And yes, the end dragged on and on.

Back
Top Bottom