What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Volcano 9/10

Considering how old it is, I actually really enjoyed it!

Is that the one where the guy melts into the lava after jumping off the train?

Watched Speed again was only going to watch the first ten minutes. Ending up watching the whole thing. Keano shooting bullets through a door frame to get it to "unlock" was my highlight.

Soldato
Arrival

Not going to rate out of X, Y or Z. But I really enjoyed this film. Nothing at all like I was expecting and I'm glad. Nice to see something so different.

This is clearly a marmite title when you look at the polar opposite reviews.

Soldato
I've always been a little sceptical about this. Does Helen Mirren do a good job in that role? The trailers always looked a little clunky.

Yeah its a good film recommend it. Would also recommend Good Kill with Ethan Hawke if you are after a similar film. Though its not as tense and focuses instead on the after-effects and the toll on the lives of the operators of the drones.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Unlocked - Pretty good spy drama, not seen one in absolute ages. Noomi Rapace (the lady from Prometheus) leads the film pretty well. Michael Douglas co stars with Orlando Bloom making an appearance. There is a few clunky parts which at times makes it a is a little too predictable and obvious but there was a few scenes that was pretty well worked out and choreographed, thoroughly enjoyed the story. Giving it a solid 7.5/10.

La La Land - it was well shot but i must admit, definitely not my cup of tea. I don't think i am sophisicated enough to appreciate the artistic value. I dont mind musicals but couldnt quite get into this one. Therefore unfair for me to really rate this with a number. (sorry Ray i did try :()

Soldato
John wick 4k HDR

Even better than the first time I watch it on Blu ray.

Keanu is such a bad ass even more respect that he does all the action sequences himself

9/10

Associate
The Dead Zone (1983)

Watched again last night. One of those rare occasions where in my view, the film is better than the book. When Stephen King’s books are transferred to film, they tend to be a bit marmite (low budget etc). This film along with The Shining is an exception. Highly recommended. 9/10.

Soldato
Office Christmas Party - 5/10 - Average. Nothing new to see, same old comedy with the same old actors in the same old roles but the humour is still effective in most places.

Allied - 6/10 - A passable "is she/isn't she a German Spy" thriller but the ending is no big surprise. Brad Pitt yet again plays Brad Pitt and the rest of the cast is pretty bland considering the actors they used but Marion Cotillard is very well cast as his wife and is the only thing to bring the film above average.

Assassin's Creed - 3/10 (2016 timeline) & 7/10 (1492 timeline) - Considering the calibre of the actors in this they all seem very wasted by a script written by a million monkeys by the looks of it! The story is split into a 2016 & 1492 timeline and the 1492 one, despite just basically being stunts with very little story (effectively none), was the better half as the 2016 timeline was just dire.

Soldato
Summer Camp (2015) - solid horror, pretty gruesome. 6.5/10
A Dark Song (2016) - better horror with brilliant soundtrack. 7/10

Watched both of these last night as I was in the mood for some horror.

Summer Camp was a 4/10 for me.

A Dark Song was much better, but severely let down by the low budget at the end. I'd give it a 6/10.

Associate
xXx: Return of Xander Cage

Almost everything about this movie was bad. But I enjoyed it :D :confused:. Maybe because it doesn't pretend to be good. Take it for what it is, 100 minutes of nonsense and you'll be fine!

7/10

Oh, and Ruby Rose is just astounding! Seen her in a few things lately, John Wick 2, latest resi evil. Admittedly I do have a thing for short haired chicks!

Back
Top Bottom