What film did you watch last night?

Don’t Breathe (2016) — an excellent and (as far as I can tell) original, horror / thriller. Certainly a nail biter! Would definitely recommend this as something different. The less you know about it the better. I knew the premise and thought it would be much better if I knew nothing about it. Not sure how rewatchable it would be though.

8/10

Don’t Breathe (2016) — an excellent and (as far as I can tell) original, horror / thriller. Certainly a nail biter! Would definitely recommend this as something different. The less you know about it the better. I knew the premise and thought it would be much better if I knew nothing about it. Not sure how rewatchable it would be though.

8/10

If you haven't already done so, check out his remake of Evil Dead, Fede Alvarez has got a bright future in horror ahead of him.

30 Days of Night.

I forgot how much I liked this film, Im a sucker for anything that even vaguely reminds me of The Thing and as such, anything set in a remote location in the snow ticks a box for me. This was never a great film and its a very personalised thing that I like it, but its definitely one film I would love to see a modern remake of.

Big fan of 30DON, it's up there in my top vampire movies, mainly because of the unique setting. I've recently read all the comics this movie is based on and it's fairly faithful to the source material. There is a lot of places they could take it if they followed the rest of the comics.

A Monster Calls. Really good. Beautiful to look at. I liked the ambiguity of it, and the way it dealt with conflicting feelings.
What did you think of the very final scene?

I found the characters in the monster’s stories being within the mother’s drawings rather dumb and changes the meaning of the film entirely from: (a) the monster was something the child created as a coping mechanism, to (b) there actually was a real monster that had also been in contact with the child’s mum.

It was very moving though and overall a great watch.

What did you think of the very final scene?

I found the characters in the monster’s stories being within the mother’s drawings rather dumb and changes the meaning of the film entirely from: (a) the monster was something the child created as a coping mechanism, to (b) there actually was a real monster that had also been in contact with the child’s mum.

It was very moving though and overall a great watch.
I did think that was a bit odd. I wasn't sure whether it was meant to mean that he'd taken his inspiration for the monster he'd imagined from his mother's artwork, like maybe he'd seen it before...

I did think that was a bit odd. I wasn't sure whether it was meant to mean that he'd taken his inspiration for the monster he'd imagined from his mother's artwork, like maybe he'd seen it before...
I thought that could be the explanation after I made my post - but from memory it made out that this was the first time he had seen the images... and during the mother’s death it subtly inferred that she had seen the monster too.

Yeah, I wouldn’t say it ruined it for me or anything so dramatic... but I think the final product would have been a notch better had they cut that out.

Gone in 60 Seconds - 7/10

It's a film that isn't going to win any awards, but it holds a certain nostalgia with me and I hadn't seen it in ages :p I enjoyed it

Atomic Blonde - 7.5/10. Some great fight scenes (staircase and police car chase!) and a good, not great story - i did find myself having to go here to fully understand the movie:

http://www.vulture.com/2017/07/lets-talk-about-the-ending-of-atomic-blonde.html

I did like the fact that the fight scenes were 'slightly' more realistic ie getting tired, cuts.blood appearing as oppose to the usual non-stop brawling and been able to continue after taking life threatening injuries!

But did try too hard in trying to be 'clever', oh and forced in spy shagging lesbians.

ETA: This is a good vid to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkeawyJkxzk

The Mummy, Tom Cruise - 8/10. Actually enjoyed this, great effects and quite dark in places - the sfx guys should look at making a zombie flick!

Tom Cruise was good in it, but it was a drastic change from his usual always the hero type role - although the in the last 10mins or so it became exactly that :rolleyes:.

Aircraft scene and Ambulance chase particularity stood out - not sure about R Crowe's character but he was very good in it!

Gone in 60 Seconds - 7/10

It's a film that isn't going to win any awards, but it holds a certain nostalgia with me and I hadn't seen it in ages :p I enjoyed it
Low rider *widdles fingers* let’s go.

:o

I do have to remind myself that Nick Cage has an Oscar for acting!

split - 5/10 at best - i had heard good things about this movie and mcavoy was good but it was really badly written and characters do things and say things for no good reason.
m night shamalamalan is a hack.

split - 5/10 at best - i had heard good things about this movie and mcavoy was good but it was really badly written and characters do things and say things for no good reason.
m night shamalamalan is a hack.
Its not that bad. The main problem with Night films is their one watch only really.

Back
Top Bottom