What film did you watch last night?

Justice League. 10/10.

I was expecting it to be rubbish and it was slightly better than rubbish/was bearable, so better than expected = 10/10.

Seriously, 10/10? In my opinion no film is worth that score. And there are only a handful of films I'd push to a 9 for.

Superhero films are ten a penny and all pretty much the same old guff for me.

I don't think I have seen any superhero film I'd give much over a 6.

Seriously, 10/10? In my opinion no film is worth that score. And there are only a handful of films I'd push to a 9 for.

Superhero films are ten a penny and all pretty much the same old guff for me.

I don't think I have seen any superhero film I'd give much over a 6.
He's taking the ****. Someone above had their rating partially based off what their expectations of the film was before seeing it. Kinda agree with the joke. What's the point of a score if you move the goal posts for every film or film genre?

Also yes most superhero movies are just popcorn flicks that 6 or 7's at best. Exceptions for first 2 Nolan Batman's as he just made normal movies.

Spectre - fourth outing for Daniel Craig and he is obviously more comfortable in the role. Nice to see Monica Bellucci being a bond girl even if she is older than Bond! I thought Christoph Waltz could have been more threatening, he just felt like a rehash of Silva from Skyfall to me. 3/5

He's taking the ****. Someone above had their rating partially based off what their expectations of the film was before seeing it. Kinda agree with the joke. What's the point of a score if you move the goal posts for every film or film genre?

Also yes most superhero movies are just popcorn flicks that 6 or 7's at best. Exceptions for first 2 Nolan Batman's as he just made normal movies.

Ah, my sarcasm detector must be running low.

Avatar -(Director's cut) - Simply superb, it may be 9 years old but it still sets a very high bar that puts a lot of modern big budget films to shame. It had everything great setup, super build up, character development, drama, adventure. Amazing effects and top draw CGI with a brillant cast that collectively delivered a fantastic movie. It exceeded all expectation. It is a masterpiece and arguably Cameron crowning achievement imo. Can't wait for Cameron to finish 2 & 3. 10/10.

Last edited:
Justice League. Terrible, terrible film in all respects. Superman has a CGI mouth for almost the entire film, and it is VERY noticeable. Its almost like the people making it don't care about what they do. 4/10. And that's being generous.

6 days

pretty nicely made, got the look perfect, good acting from Mark Strong and Jamie Bell
nicely paced and doesn't drag or get too slow

maybe a little to light on the story? could have shown more about the terrorists to see their motivation
not much shown inside the embassy until the raid either

not bad /10

the Thing 1982 and then The Thing 2011

Both great film imo, ‘82 is a class of its own such a cool film. The 2011 I still think it’s a pretty good attempt at a prequel, I do with there was a little less cgi than they had to use but that’s modern movie making for you, didn’t really like the end on the ship.

It's Vonhelmet, he is the type of guy that anything you say is wrong according to him so there is no point even arguing with him.
Come on, at least tag me!

I don’t think it’s worth rating films in this way, as it’s too subjective. If I can’t say that critics are slamming Daddy’s Home 2 and IMDb user ratings are not looking good, then why are others posting as though their pronouncements are at all meaningful? It’s inconsistent.

Coco (2017)s 9/10

Apart from the 20 minute Frozen movie before it, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Very different to the other Pixar movies and probably more akin to 'Up'. A few tears at the end, and its all good.

Loved it.

Thor: Ragnarok

By Superhero movie standards: 9/10 for me I think. I wasn't bored, I found the comedy to be good (in fact probably more laughs than I get out of most so called 'comedy' films). Really enjoyed it. For me it is probably one of my favorite Marvel movies.

As a more general scoring, a strong 7/10, maybe a low 8/10 (hard to say as I am biased by being a Superhero film fan)

Come on, at least tag me!

I don’t think it’s worth rating films in this way, as it’s too subjective. If I can’t say that critics are slamming Daddy’s Home 2 and IMDb user ratings are not looking good, then why are others posting as though their pronouncements are at all meaningful? It’s inconsistent.

This is a thread with people posting their ratings of a movie. It's entirely subjective. There is something seriously wrong in the world if We need other people to tell us what we should and shouldn't like. You might hate the movie, everybody except him might hate the movie, but that's their opinion. He enjoyed the movie and gave it a rating based on his enjoyment. You can disagree with it, but, you can't tell him he is wrong.

As for movie critics, who cares what they think? They are just offering their opinions of a movie too.

This is a thread with people posting their ratings of a movie. It's entirely subjective. There is something seriously wrong in the world if We need other people to tell us what we should and shouldn't like. You might hate the movie, everybody except him might hate the movie, but that's their opinion. He enjoyed the movie and gave it a rating based on his enjoyment. You can disagree with it, but, you can't tell him he is wrong.

As for movie critics, who cares what they think? They are just offering their opinions of a movie too.
So we shouldn't care about opinions or ratings, but we should give opinions and ratings. Makes perfect sense.

Back
Top Bottom