What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Is The shape of water just beauty and the best under water?

Get Out - 7/10

Very weird but entertaining, thought the actor who played the main character was really good!

Really enjoyed that film, thinking back over it and watching/reading more about what it does during the film as well is really cool, very clever film.

Man of Honour
Die Hard 3 (“with a vengeance”) - deffo my favourite of the lot. I think people are a bit overly-nostalgic over the original. The third has such a strong start and an excellent ‘real time’ feeling. Leads are all great. Possibly my fav action film of all time! Only thing is that it starts to sag a little at the end as it just can’t sustain the top notch energy once the intrigue fades out. The final scene is also a little anticlimactic but overall a must watch 9/10

Back to the Future 3 - finally got round to this, @Rifte ! Much better than I remember and feels back to basics compared to the second... with less ‘villainy’ and more ‘adventuring’. Clara is still immensely annoying and that barn dance music is hurrrrghhh but otherwise a lot of fun :) 7/10

Associate
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. 9/10

From the guy who did In Bruges, so he'll always get my money. Quality film and has to be an Oscar for Frances McDormand. Belly laughs and gut punches.

Soldato
Kong - Skull Island

2nd time of watching & found it much more enjoyable this time. Particularly liked the fight scenes with Kong & the Skull crawler at the end.

Also first proper run out with my new RS165 headphones, sounded excellent & comfortable to wear. Pleased with my purchase!

Caporegime
Die Hard 3 (“with a vengeance”) - deffo my favourite of the lot. I think people are a bit overly-nostalgic over the original. The third has such a strong start and an excellent ‘real time’ feeling. Leads are all great. Possibly my fav action film of all time! Only thing is that it starts to sag a little at the end as it just can’t sustain the top notch energy once the intrigue fades out. The final scene is also a little anticlimactic but overall a must watch 9/10

Back to the Future 3 - finally got round to this, @Rifte ! Much better than I remember and feels back to basics compared to the second... with less ‘villainy’ and more ‘adventuring’. Clara is still immensely annoying and that barn dance music is hurrrrghhh but otherwise a lot of fun :) 7/10
Not sure die hard 3 is better than the first but it’s definitely better than 2 or anything that followed it. It is good fun, but it’s very different when it’s sprawling all out across the city rather than just in a relatively compact building.

Bttf3 is better than 2, yes. The tone is much better - 2 is quite dark and unpleasant in places. The train finale is also an absolute triumph in terms of practical effects and stunts. If it were made today it would be all cgi and it would be terrible.

Soldato
The train finale is also an absolute triumph in terms of practical effects and stunts. If it were made today it would be all cgi and it would be terrible.

Not as impressive as Buster Keatons "The General" train crash. They actually used a real locomotive.

It was shot on July 23, 1926 – the most expensive single shot in silent-film history. Three or four thousand local people from all over the area had gathered on that hot summer day to witness what would be the single most expensive shot of the silent era. At three o’clock in the afternoon, Keaton gave the signal to the six cameramen to begin cranking. It had to be done in one take – Keaton couldn’t afford to build a new bridge, buy a new locomotive and try again. It had to be perfect.

Caporegime
Three Billboards : 8.8 / 10

Touching, tragic, funny and sad. Savage dialogue and great performances.....best film I have seen at the cinema in quite a while

It's amazing how 1 scene changes the dynamics of 2 main characters almost 180 degrees, you know what I mean, with the headphones.

Yet it was believable and not out of the realm of possibility of what they were doing were within their character.

Permabanned
Dunkirk. I enjoyed it but to me it felt more like a piece of cinema using Dunkirk as a theme as opposed to an actual film about Dunkirk. I suppose that is probably the point but I can see why some people didn't like it when they may have expected a more traditional war film. 8/10

Soldato
GeoStorm

I want my 2 hours back, screw you Gerard Butler !! 2/10 at best. might have been visually ok at the cinema in 4dx but on a tv it just shows the film for what it is.... crap.

Back
Top Bottom