What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Wonder Woman. Seriously disappointing given all the fuss about it. No interesting characters or arcs, no interesting story, no particularly impressive fight scenes. Endless Zack Snyder slooooo-mooooo.

Nope.

Still, on the plus side, those thighs.

Associate
The Post (2018) - 4/10

I didn’t find it very dramatic or gripping, and the consequences of breaking the story just didn’t seem to have much weight or impact.

The whole film made it seem run of the mill, focussing more on the state of the paper at that time than the story it was breaking.

Strong acting and some good characters, but it takes a while to get going and barely kept my interest.

Soldato
Numerous UHD's,

To name just a few:

Pacific rim, good fun and without a doubt the best disc I've seen for showing off 4K HDR.
Serenity, great film but man the CGI has not aged well.
Bladerunner 2049, liked it.
Dunkirk, loved it more.
Jupiter Ascending, guilty pleasure.
Ex Machina, brilliant.
Watchmen Ultimate Cut, one of my favourite movies.

I'm easily pleased, especially when it comes to Sci-Fi.

Soldato
Numerous UHD's,

To name just a few:

Pacific rim, good fun and without a doubt the best disc I've seen for showing off 4K HDR.
Serenity, great film but man the CGI has not aged well.
Bladerunner 2049, liked it.
Dunkirk, loved it more.
Jupiter Ascending, guilty pleasure.
Ex Machina, brilliant.
Watchmen Ultimate Cut, one of my favourite movies.

I'm easily pleased, especially when it comes to Sci-Fi.

You should watch Life of Pi. It’s the best picture I’ve ever seen.

Saw it on a 65” OLED HDR tv and it was incredible.

Soldato
The Wind Rises. So beautiful anyone who dismisses animation should watch it. I have bought about 16 Studio Ghibli films in the last 5 months and watched about 7 the ones I’ve watched have been somewhere between merely excellent and masterpieces.
I bought them for my very young children and reall6 hope they grow to enjoy them all. Kiki and Toturo for instance are cinematically triumphs.

Soldato
the belko experiment - 5/10 - pretty average and badly edited in places. Mildly entertaining.
tonight she comes - 0/10 - wow, what a piece of crap. One of the worst films i've seen in a long time. None of it makes any sense what so ever.

Caporegime
The Foreigner

The trailer didn't grab me and I didn't see this at the cinema even though i have the Limitless card. Caught it tonight on Netflix and honestly the trailer didn't work ! This turned out much better than i thought, it is almost Jackie Chan The Equaliser. And Jackie does the grieving father well, I bought it.

Caporegime
Jigsaw.

Beating_a_Dead_Horse.jpg

Geostorm.

Your_Dumb_has_Broken_the_Cat.jpg

Veronica.

Keep_Calm_Blood.jpg

The Snowman.

Table_Flipping_Guy.jpg

Soldato
Going in Style - 3/10 - It's a shame to see 3 fantastic actors so very obviously doing a film purely for the money and being so transparent about it. The only very minor redeeming points for me was the early attempts at shoplifting and flirty old girl stalking Alan Arkin's character.

The Great Wall - 6/10 - I like a lot of Chinese films so I wasn't put off by the way the film was presented. Visually amazing but I could see why Western audiences may not have liked/understood the film as the plot is pretty far out there. I thought it was acted fairly well without any major standouts but the actual script was poor in several places, however the visual spectacle was enough for those parts to be muddled through.

Soldato
Seriously? I thought it was excellent. My favourite film of last year.

But then I loved the original. I'm guessing you haven't seen that?

I have seen the original, though not for probably about 15 years or more and from memory it wasn't one of my favourite films (I'd have watched it again in the intervening years if I liked it that much). The sequel just didn't do anything for me. Dragged along and bored me silly.

Associate
The Foreigner 8/10

Story was very good and acting all round was good but Pierce Brosnan nailed his role. He is I feel a very underrated actor as I have loved him in films such as November Man and Some Kind of Beautiful.
Chan was also great and portrayed the role of a grieving father a lot better than I would have expected.

Back
Top Bottom