What film did you watch last night?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Mission Impossible : Fallout

Probably the worst of the franchise, was 40mins to long and lacked a little of the charm of the previous movies,

6/10

On a side note, Simon Pegg needs to start eating again, he looks ill.

Associate
Hereditary

Finally sat down to watch this last night. Can totally see what it's been so divisive, it's a good horror film for a start! ;P

But no, genuinely unsettled me in a way that no horror film has in quite some time. It's premise starts out relatively by the numbers and you think you have this vague idea as to where it's heading, but then it completely changes direction around half an hour in and I was at a loss as to what was going to happen (an example of truly excellent marketing on the studios front to keep the twist a secret).

Seen quite a few people complain about the ending and initially I would have agreed. But in retrospect they took the time and effort to seed it throughout the film and as a result I was quite taken with it a few hours after.

Can see where the comparisons to The Exorcist come from, but to me it felt more 'Lynchian' throughout, though perhaps not as madly unchained as something the main man himself would have made.

In short, bloody loved it. One of the most original films of the genre since 'The Babadook'.

Wow, so now 2 of us on the forum like Hereditary :p

Three of us.

I went in to it blind, not having seen the trailer or anything. I sense that some of the disappointment expressed with the film has been the result of it being hyped up. Some of the 'floating' effects were a little off I thought but aside from that, a good recent horror film.

Soldato
Ronin

Superb thriller. Excellent dialogue and action sequences (without CGI). Released shortly before Robert De Niro's career took a downward trajectory.

9/10

Caporegime
Sorry to bother you

I’m not sure what I think of it yet, it’s certainly different and constantly had me guessing where it was going and without going into spoilers it is hard to describe what it is besides I got a very heavy Charlie Kauffman influence vibe to it with a dose of modern satirical commentary thrown into the mix. It’s certainly one you won’t forget in a hurry.

Soldato
Ronin

Superb thriller. Excellent dialogue and action sequences (without CGI). Released shortly before Robert De Niro's career took a downward trajectory.

9/10

Great apart from "What's the colour of the boathouse at Hear Ford", makes me cringe so much everytime I watch it, considering I grew up pretty close to there as well.

It's pronounced Heh-Reh-Ford :D

Brilliant film though.

Associate
After having watched Mission Insight, the 8th landing of a NASA 'device' on Mars, the channel I was watching (Focus) broadcasted the 1977 "conspiracy" thriller movie, CAPRICORN ONE, starring Brolin, appearances by Telly Savalas :) and Karen Black :).....were they trying to tell us something ???!!:):)
MV5BYzRlYTk1OTQtZGY4Ny00MWI0LWJkZWUtODM0Y2M4ZjZhMmU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4MjA5MzA@._V1_.jpg

Soldato
Ronin was probably De Niro’s last good film would need to look through IMDB to see.

For a serious role I think so. Admittedly I couldn't bring myself to watch Righteous Kill when the reviews came out for it.

Since Ronin it seems like he's been in one decent comedy (Analyze This) and the rest dodgy comedies, voice acting, ensemble casts, and cameos.

Associate
Searching - 8/10

A dad searching for his missing daughter, mostly via social media, the whole movie is basically shot through a computer screen. It's actually very well made, would recommend

Back
Top Bottom