1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Begbie

Capodecina

Abducted in plain sight.

What the absolute hell. Has anyone else seen this?

It's absolutely mental. Terryfying that it's real. It has everything, it's such a sad tale but it's hard not to find it funny.

Strong 10/10 on the crazy scale.

2. Jokester

Don

Alita: Battle Angel - 7/10
    Wasn't really what I expected, much more a teen romance than action flick, which maybe true to the source? But I can understand why they might have pitched it the way they did in the trailers as the sci-fi aspect could be a bit of a turn off for younger women. Enjoyed it though, the world was fleshed out and the effects fantastic.

3. omnomnom

Soldato

Anyone whos seen Alita...I really like the look of it...as does my very mature 6 year old girl...do you think it would be ok for her? I get that only i would technically know that question but i dont know if its like scary or very violent. With it being a Pg-13 i figured it would be alright.

4. Jokester

Don

Personally, I think it might be a bit much for a 6 year old, there is an f-bomb in there, plus lesser swearing smattered through it, and there are people being cut in two (not overly graphically, but still you see him in two bits), plus cyborgs routinely getting killed. Bit of bloody violence, but nothing too bad.

IMDB Parents Guide (spoilers obviously) for more detail
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437086/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg

If she handles the face melt scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark, she would likely be ok though.

5. Pighardia

Capodecina

Yeah, me and my GF are half way through it. She thinks it's a sad story, which obviously it is, but I lost it at "had sex with an ant"(I know) ... I just kept thinking of an old Derek and Clive sketch called Top Rank.

It is so bizarre I can't help feeling Netflix are taking the ****!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  6. Begbie

Capodecina

Ant?

It just doesn't feel real. It feels like somethings not quite truthful. But who knows.

7. Pighardia

Capodecina

I know he says aunt, but the way it is said in his American accent and the way he looks at the camera, I just found it hilarious... And actually believable in this messed up story!

8. Morve

Gangster

Lee Evans - Monsters , 7/10 good laugh, not as good as some of the others, but had me in stitches a few times ;)

9. SickAsAParrot

Hitman

I finally got round to watching Deepwater Horizon on Film 4 last night, I've been wanting to see it since it came out being a sucker for disaster spectaculars but was too bone idle to do anything about it. I'll give it a 7/10, it was enjoyable enough and lived up to expectations, well moreso because I assumed half of it would be blaming people in courtrooms. The only teeny-tiny criticism which niggled me just an incy-wincy bit was I COULDN'T TELL WHAT ANY OF THEM WERE SAYING ANY OF THE DAMN TIME. Is that what they talk like in Louisiana?

10. Morve

Gangster

Alita-Battle Angel, Good film, awesome CGI, crap ending! 7.5/10

11. Freakbro

Capodecina

Green Book - 7.5/10

Really good film, my only criticism would be it wasn't as powerful as I was expecting it to be. But with the brilliant performances of Viggo and Mahershala it carried the story along marvelously

12. Jokester

Don

Not very satisfying is it.

When the credits went up I just left, but nobody else in the cinema moved from their seats. I think they were expecting more :p

13. Steampunk

Sgarrista

It's supposed to be the first of a trilogy, but until they know they have the numbers to get the second one made, they wanted to round off the first film in such a way that it isn't a cliff-hanger and can stand on it's own if they don't make any sequels.

14. Morve

Gangster

I know, i was like wtf?

I hope they do make more they need to finish the story, unfortunately it dont look like its doing great numbers , only asia can save it , think its going to be another Warcraft

15. MCMLX

Gangster

Watched this knowing nothing about it, I just enjoy war movies. Really enjoyed it, a bit like "The One That Got Away" with snow.

16. kinetic747

Wise Guy

A quite remarkable tale of survival and I'll never complain of the cold again.:D

17. Freakbro

Capodecina

Polar - 4/10

Not a particularly good graphic novel adaptation. Tried too hard with the style over substance and missed the mark.

18. Maximum Triceratops

Mobster

Alita - very good and I think they have taken the quality of cgi up a notch, amazing visuals 8/10.
    The Monster - I think there was a half decent movie somewhere but the ending ruined anything before it. Amazing how a director can actually get this movie made and come to the decision of such a ridiculous finale 2/10. If you have seen it you will know what I mean.

19. jpaul

Capodecina

A Private War - disappointing ... 6/10 lots of running around, and scene changes, but felt superficial, and did not learn much about Marie Colvins character/motivation;
    itr - recent podcast of her biography much better. ... had not realised she interviewed Gadaffi though.
    not a patch on archetype Salvador.

20. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

The Green Book - Okay film with very good performances. The standouts are the 2 leads.

It's kinda a shock to see how much weigh VM put on, not sure if it's for the role but it made him look at lot shorter with all the pounds, but i guess he plays a guy who loves to eat so it makes perfect sense.

Enjoyable but also will be forgotten in a year or so.