What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Greater

A true story of Arkansas Razorbacks walk-on offensive lineman Brandon Burlsworth (Christopher Severino). Devoutly Christian and ridiculed for his portly appearance, Burlsworth defies the odds to make the Razorbacks' squad in 1994, and ultimately develops into an All-American player and top NFL prospect.

solid 9/10 and made me look up the real events....

rotters

Caporegime
Midsommar. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8772262/

I saw this mentioned a few pages back. This is the sort of film that intrigues me though I may need to look up one of those videos on YT which explains the details of the film a bit more. All I'll say is if you like movies like 'Get Out', 'Us', and The Wicker Man, then you should quite like this. I certainly enjoyed it.

Soldato
The Dark Knight (Blu-ray).

First viewing for me, I picked it up to watch as a warm up for The Joker which I hope to see at the weekend.

Looks & sounds great with good pacing, an engaging plot and some very good scenes. It could have been darker/grittier but I enjoyed it.

Soldato
Midsommar. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8772262/

I saw this mentioned a few pages back. This is the sort of film that intrigues me though I may need to look up one of those videos on YT which explains the details of the film a bit more. All I'll say is if you like movies like 'Get Out', 'Us', and The Wicker Man, then you should quite like this. I certainly enjoyed it.

I'd disagree with that :)

If you're having to look on youtube after watching the film to make more sense of it then the film has failed.

Its nothing like GetOut at all.

its comparable to the wicker man however the wicker man was a steady build-up then before he fully realised they were a bunch of nutters it was too late. In Midsommar the outsiders experienced countless WTF moments and just continued to go along with it.

Soldato
I'd disagree with that :)

If you're having to look on youtube after watching the film to make more sense of it then the film has failed.

Its nothing like GetOut at all.

its comparable to the wicker man however the wicker man was a steady build-up then before he fully realised they were a bunch of nutters it was too late. In Midsommar the outsiders experienced countless WTF moments and just continued to go along with it.

I'm with you, how they just dealt with what happened was utterly ridiculous, I think it tried to be smarter than it was, I really enjoyed Get out but I thought Midsommar was awful and I'm usually easily pleased.

Caporegime
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Your Name has set what seems to be an unbeatably high bar for all other anime films, but this was still enjoyable.

I love the relaxing setting and score (anime Japan in the summer time always feels so lovely an chilled), and there were some funny bits, and the story still managed to surprise me.

6.5/10

Soldato
Lion King 2019
Boring, soulless and at times cringe. Terrible remake
Got to agree, was impressed with the start, showing off the live-action animation and the music etc. Once you get over that it drags. Could be an age thing. Sure Kids who haven't seen the original will like it.

Soldato
Lion King 2019
Boring, soulless and at times cringe. Terrible remake

I'm probably in a minority but I don't like these live action remakes at all. They don't add, change or improve anything over the original movies and purely feel like tech demos of what can be done. I mentioned in another thread that Disney are creatively bankrupt and with the success of Marvel & Star Wars, they don't seem to care anymore.

Associate
Zombieland: Double Tap (2019) - 8/10

An enjoyable, funny, gory and violent zombie movie which although lacking in originality, still has lots of energy, witty style and good moments.

The characters are great, the violence is gory and a lot of the jokes are spot on, although the story could have been stronger and had more to it.

Back
Top Bottom