What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I watched it about three years ago. It is very dated by todays standards, however I preferred Tim Currys rendition of Pennywise, the lack of CGI and the general "feel" of the original. Some of that likely comes down to nostalgia though, because it was one of my favourite films as a child.

That's a fair point, I too have a soft spot for the mini-series due to nostalgia and scaring the living poop out of me as a kid.

Soldato
JoJo Rabbit - 8½/10

Really enjoyed this. Great humour, good story, fantastic characters.

JoJo Rabbit is great, I just hate that they marketed it as a comedy.
It has comedic undertones but its actually a pretty serious film for most of it.

I personally disagree, definitely a comedy. It might be about something that was dark, evil and sinister, but that it was still a comedy about it IMO.

Caporegime
JoJo Rabbit is great, I just hate that they marketed it as a comedy.
It has comedic undertones but its actually a pretty serious film for most of it.

The comedy in particular is a bit hit and miss, but everything else is A grade material.

Nah, it's definitely a comedy drama with the emphasis on the comedy.

They even had clone children!

Associate
Bright (2017) - 6/10

It’s got a solid premise, but it doesn’t really do anything interesting with it. The orcs and elves are clichés and although the film is gritty and generally down to earth in presentation, the excessive amount of urban culture and attitude is tiring.

There’s a mix of racial allegory, buddy cop and grim fantasy which don’t really work together, but overall, the film is entertaining enough. The acting’s ok, the makeup and special effects are good and the story’s functional, if a bit on the simple side.

Predator 1987

A very well made film of two halves. The first half is pretty much the standard action film fare of the late 80s with some over the top hamming up but not in an over the top cheesy way, as may of the modern cliches started here. The second half is more raw with no weapons and just well thought out one sided battle. A bit David and Goliath but still the best and only Predator film worth watching.

I have just done the Predator mission in Ghost Recon. Was very well done. They did the music and sound very well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Uncut Gems 8/10

im exhausted after watching it, my God. I feel like it’s a little predictable but I quite enjoyed that. I thought the music was great.

A stressful film, the release at the end was quite big.

God damn it I wanted him to win! The tune at the end! Wow what a way to end a film.

Sandler was on fire

Last edited:
Associate
Predator 1987

A very well made film of two halves. The first half is pretty much the standard action film fare of the late 80s with some over the top hamming up but not in an over the top cheesy way, as may of the modern cliches started here. The second half is more raw with no weapons and just well thought out one sided battle. A bit David and Goliath but still the best and only Predator film worth watching.

I have just done the Predator mission in Ghost Recon. Was very well done. They did the music and sound very well.

How many tries did you need for that mission? It was driving me mad at times..

Associate
The Invisible Man (2020) - 8/10

A modern version of the classic horror story this time focusing on the madness of the victim rather than the invisible man.

The plot is well thought out and the special effects / action scenes are well put together and it successfully builds up the tension and suspense before going for the physical violence.

Great performance from Moss and good use of camera shots to add to the atmosphere, but is a bit long overall and the surprises aren’t that surprising.

Caporegime
Uncut Gems 8/10

im exhausted after watching it, my God. I feel like it’s a little predictable but I quite enjoyed that. I thought the music was great.

A stressful film, the release at the end was quite big.

God damn it I wanted him to win! The tune at the end! Wow what a way to end a film.

Sandler was on fire

Damn shame that he's spent his whole career doing 2/10 stoner comedies.

Associate
Quite a few lol. I was hoping for the laser sight but hey ho.

What tactic did you use in the end? I tended to use the 2-3 large boulders near the centre of the area, hide in between them, then when the Predator became visible I would go out, blast him with the M249 or what it is called (heavy machine gun) and then hide as soon as I could. But before I entered the area I would fill up with rebel reinforcements and the other rebel troup function (where they bring attention to themselves and away from you).
I did 4-5 times due to not being able to get out of the area before it went boom afterwards..

Associate
While waiting to meet up with my friends and colleagues for leaving dinner last night I went to watch Dark Waters with Mark Ruffalo. Ruffalo plays an attorney that takes on a chemical company in regards of pollution of the water in West Virginia. Ruffalo is doing a really good part as the attorney and the struggles of taking on such a huge company. I would give it about 7,5/10.

What tactic did you use in the end? I tended to use the 2-3 large boulders near the centre of the area, hide in between them, then when the Predator became visible I would go out, blast him with the M249 or what it is called (heavy machine gun) and then hide as soon as I could. But before I entered the area I would fill up with rebel reinforcements and the other rebel troup function (where they bring attention to themselves and away from you).
I did 4-5 times due to not being able to get out of the area before it went boom afterwards..

Very similar but there was three of us. We called in the rebels and then took it in turns to spot, shoot and revive others once the rebels were dead. We used the rocks too but it still took us a few times to get it done.

Associate
Very similar but there was three of us. We called in the rebels and then took it in turns to spot, shoot and revive others once the rebels were dead. We used the rocks too but it still took us a few times to get it done.

I never played Ghost Recon with others, only played it by myself. Been a while since I played it though. It sounds like you had a good setup there as well. If I remember right I found it easier to spot the Predator during the night with the nightvision or IR vision.

Soldato
In Fabric. Very atmospheric horror / comedy with a sort of retro vibe ( set in 70's ) A24 studio. Will be a bit of a marmite film. Essentially about a haunted dress but that doesn't do justice to what this film is. Some intense scenes but also you're laughing your socks off in other places. 10/10

Soldato
Detective Pikachu - surprisingly good film with a solid story (albeit silly) and good effects. If you like the Pokémon world it's a must see. Genuinely funny in places and plot twists that were quite unpredictable and rather mature! 8/10 for my enjoyment.

Back
Top Bottom