What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Lost Bullet / Balle Perdue (2020) - 5/10

A nonsense plot featuring an elite traffic police force who use armoured cars to take out drug runners and a resilient ex-con mechanic with strong morals but no personality of his own.

The action scenes are grounded, as in they don’t have the flashy thrills or spectacle of other movies, but they do have a little bit of everything else in them. Entertaining enough with ok acting.

Soldato
Didn't watch it last night but on the last night before lockdown and I keep thinking about it.

Tenet and it is brilliant, a film that absolutely has to be seen at the cinema or at least on a huge screen with an awesome sound system. It is just brilliant, a bit confusing, the visuals and music is just something else that can't be really described as it is so visceral, I got goosebumps in quite a few scenes. An absolute must watch! I hope Ludwig gets an Oscar for the soundtrack! 10/10

Associate
In the continuing adventures of a 49 year old man trying to get into horror movies because he's a wuss...

It Follows

I'd heard very good things about this. For the most part I disagree with them. It was not scary or creepy, apart from
the big dude coming through the door.

I thought the direction and cinematography was excellent, as was most of the acting. The soundtrack was also excellent, very John Carpenter!

6.5/10 from me.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Richard Jewell. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3513548/

Great performances by the main characters (especially Paul Walter Hauser & Sam Rockwell). Enjoyed this.
Thanks for this, looked it up on your recommendation. Always like Sam Rockwell and also always like movies directed by Eastwood. Felt it jumped a bit at the end (I felt there was more to come from the reporters side of things) but I guess that's just how it played out.

Soldato
Greenland - 4/10 - Decent actors for the two leads but a woeful script and story which is almost a carbon copy (in places) of Armageddon/Deep Impact/2012 but without the budget for a lot of the special effects which made those film stand out, making this feel more of a family drama during a time of high stress rather than a "huge disaster" movie so it wasn't want I expected (or was sold by the trailer) so it's a bit of a miss for me.

Associate
Kill List

A bit weird this one. Starts out as a
bit of a family drama, then turns into a hitman movie and then it ends like some pagan Wicker Man thing. Odd!

6/10

Last edited:
Soldato
Kill List

A bit weird this one. Starts out as a bit of a family drama, then turns into a hitman movie and then it ends like some pagan Wicker Man thing. Odd!

6/10
Most Ben Wheatley films are odd, funny and good. Recommend you try more if you liked it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom